• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Proper game of two halves. Though we were utter crap after the equaliser and never even looked like scoring.

Key thing is we have to make our dominance count more when it comes around.

Last edited:
Better side overall. Had the best chances too. Conceded a soft goal and struggled to control the game after that.

Be surprised if Podence plays much in the next few games after his two recent appearances off the bench. Embarrassing

If you'd offered it before hand would've been happy with it. In the circumstances, disappointing to not win.

Both FBs and Lemina were really, really good. Nice team goal, good interplay and pleased for Sarabia to get off the mark.

We went to shit when Cunha went off though. Squad depth is still an issue. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

Thought on the balance of the whole 90 we deserved to win but when it was 1-0 and we were well on top we needed another. After they scored we lost momentum but the point isn't to be sniffed at and there was plenty to be encouraged by.
I agree to an extent, but when the part we are on top we don’t test the keeper, what do we really expect.

We were fantastic for the 25 mins in the first half I saw. That second half was awful though. Each sub gradually making us worse and the players they replaced (bar Raul) didn’t exactly have a great games.

We’d have won that if Adama or Podence had put in 5/10s but they were laughably bad. Adama you expect but Podence was a joke.

Could have won. Nearly lost. Take the point.

I'm just gonna put this up top and leave it.

The 🤣 being littered by a poster in the matchday thread, which we all know is loaded with emotion, is fucking tiring.

Multiple people have talked to the poster about it before and it's continued. I don't want the emoji gone altogether, but fuck sake, we have tried to hash it out previously and to say it's annoying is understating things, especially as it comes after it's been made clear that it isn't productive in any way.

It's WUMming, simple as. It's boring and annoying and it's taking advantage of emotions of the game.

Oh, also, decent away point against a top 6 side who are well coached indeed.

I'm just gonna put this up top and leave it.

The 🤣 being littered by a poster in the matchday thread, which we all know is loaded with emotion, is fucking tiring.

Multiple people have talked to the poster about it before and it's continued. I don't want the emoji gone altogether, but fuck sake, we have tried to hash it out previously and to say it's annoying is understating things, especially as it comes after it's been made clear that it isn't productive in any way.

It's WUMming, simple as. It's boring and annoying.

Oh, also, decent away point against a top 6 side who are well coached indeed.
Not sure who you’re referring to. But I agree the laughing faces are slightly wide of the mark…. (Sorry, couldn’t resist)

We were fantastic for the 25 mins in the first half I saw. That second half was awful though. Each sub gradually making us worse and the players they replaced (bar Raul) didn’t exactly have a great games.

We’d have won that if Adama or Podence had put in 5/10s but they were laughably bad. Adama you expect but Podence was a joke.

Could have won. Nearly lost. Take the point.
Interestingly Adama was our best or equal best player last week according to the Sunday Express & Telegraph. He did little this match admittedly but it might have helped he had some decent service.

Frustrating. Their subs made them better, ours were appalling. I think Podence might well have put in the worst substitute appearance I have ever seen, he was absolutely fucking rubbish. He gave the ball away every literally time he touched it. I'd happily never see him pull on a Wolves shirt again, I just don't rate him whatsoever. That performance today was utterly shameful.

Bueno, Semedo, Lemina, Kilman our best players.

Semedo was excellent, goal aside. Lemina still should have been out quicker and I think Kilman could have actually made a fucking effort to move.

Podence shouldn’t play again.

It’s a nice finish but semedo shows him inside lemina is too slow to get out and Raul gave it away cheaply seconds before. We’ll be annoyed at the manner of it
Be careful some think it was all Adama’s fault! I agree with you though.

I'd have took a point away from home before the game, but having seen how poor Fulham were and how much in control we were in the first half, anything less than three seems like a loss.
Piss poor regarding shots on target and set pieces. Nothing new there then.
Lemina poor for their goal, should be throwing his body on the line not turning his back on the ball.

1.55 points per game since JL came in. Continue that figure for 14 more games and that’s 45 points (?)

Gotta keep taking the positives

Last edited:
The first XI put on a very good performance. Some great interplay and pressing was superb.

Raul should finish his chance as it was on a plate and we still don't create enough.

The subs were all shite to varying degrees. Podence the worst but a nod to the sinkhole of crap that is Adama. Complete waste of a shirt.

Cunha going of unbalanced us and sticking substandard shit like Adama and Podence on isn't winning you anything.

On a positive note Bueno and Semedo (when not playing behind Traore) were superb. Cunha and Sarabia do so much work and keep the ball so well in the midfield area it allows Lemina and Neves to do their thing well.

The point guarantees we can't slip into the relegation zone this weekend so that's definitely a positive, IMO.

I haven't checked to see if it would have taken a wild GD swing to suck us back in had we lost.

Back