• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I really like Matheus but right now Lemina is the better player in the position/role that he'd perform best in. He's played well on the left of the 4-4-2 and I actually thought he was one of our biggest threats last night, we'd obviously planned to attack Fulham by cutting in from the wings and putting in in-swinging crosses and his were top quality. It obviously depends on the opponent but I think we've looked our best under Lopetegui when we play the 4-4-2 and currently Matheus is our best option on the left which I think shows his quality/versatility.

Whether or not to sell him depends on what happens with Neves IMO. If Rúben leaves I'd be gutted to lose Matheus' quality as well.

More than fine. Quite surprised to see the thread bumped tbh.

If we're questioning the futures of individual players after last night there more obvious candidates.
Ignore me for some reason I thought I was posting on Matheus' Welcome to Wolves thread.

I'm very hungover on a train to San Sebastian so it's hard to concentrate atm.

Liked him (Podence) when he came back at project restart. Then thought he was really going to kick on in 20/21 and was doing well and I was a big fan. Then he got injured around Christmas. Came back end of that season and was awful but was still injured apparently which meant he then missed the start of 21/22. Since then I’ve been actively disliking him more week by week and it’s almost at DW and Doherty levels.

I want him gone in the summer as he’s not that good to make up for his other flaws and he can’t be relied upon in any way. Sadly it’s going to have to be him or Adama for a bit with the injury situation and then fuck them both In the summer.

Last edited:
Disappointed on the way back from the game and i still am now. A point on the face of it looks good but thought we were the better team and one sloppy bit of play cost us. Subs made us infinitely worse again which is a worry. RAN and Gomes would have been better options than Podence and Moutinho.

It was good to see Raul look half decent again but just a shame Cunha looks like he will be out for a bit. Sarabia is class, his movement is great and hopefully we can pick his runs out a little more. Thought that was the best Kilman has played for a while too.

Semedo still the most frustrating player i think, absolutely outstanding in the first half and the last 20 minutes but had a spell from the start of the second half to just after the equaliser where he forgot how to play football. Kicked the ball straight out of play twice, didn’t get anywhere near Soloman for the goal, lost his bearings completely on one Fulham throw that left him 20 yards out of position. Baffles me how he can go from outstanding to absolutely awful and back again in games.

Liked him (Podence) when he came back at project restart. Then thought he was really going to kick on in 20/21 and was doing well and I was a big fan. Then he got injured around Christmas. Came back end of that season and was awful but was still injured apparently which meant he then missed the start of 21/22. Since then I’ve been actively disliking him more week by week and it’s almost at DW and Doherty levels.

I want him gone in the summer as he’s not that good to make up for his other flaws and he can’t be relied upon in anyway. Sadly it’s going to have to be him or Adama for a bit with the injury situation and then fuck them both In the summer.
Totally agree with this. I'm at the point that I just can't stand him. Most of the time he actively makes us worse and his pathetic rolling around on the floor and diving antics make me genuinely despise him. Hwang isn't a very good footballer, but I'd play him over Podence 100 times out of a 100 because he at least plays like he gives a shit, no matter how terrible he is.

The frustrating thing about Podence & Adama is that they should be experienced enough to know how to play in those situations. Contrast their performances with those of the Bournemouth forwards/wingers when they went a goal up against us. They completely shut the game down, won free kicks & throw ins far away from their own goal and provided a threat on the break.

Adama & Podence just gave Fulham the ball time after time.

Reactions: b3h
Tbf Traore came on just before the goal and Podence after it. We were looking to win the game not manage it so the Bournemouth comparison isn't really valid. They are just who they are which is why I didn't want either here this season let alone next.

The frustrating thing about Podence & Adama is that they should be experienced enough to know how to play in those situations. Contrast their performances with those of the Bournemouth forwards/wingers when they went a goal up against us. They completely shut the game down, won free kicks & throw ins far away from their own goal and provided a threat on the break.

Adama & Podence just gave Fulham the ball time after time.
I think it's more about football intelligence. Pretty clear Adama has zero and never has but Podence has that same level when most thought he did have. Having them both on the pitch is frustrating for us to watch but to play with it must be infuriating.

Has anyone dropped the 'that was Nelson's best game in a Wolves shirt' line yet?

I think last night might've actually been...
Genuinely don’t know if it’s good or bad that he has that said about him so often.

There is a good team to emerge but we still have a habit of being decidedly average...in one match.

First half everything we need was there. Purposeful and crisp passing, defended well, scored a goal, dominated the opposition.

Second half, aimless long balls, risky passes in front of the defence, very little goal threat. Matheus goes missing, Traore rarely there, Podence absent without leave...it was a bit of a mess.

If we want to throw long balls forward in hope, bring on Collins and stick Dawson up front, at least he'd win some headers.

Still, will.all be forgotten when we beat Liverpool on Wednesday

Since then I’ve been actively disliking him more week by week and it’s almost at DW and Doherty levels.
LTM3NjQuanBlZw.jpeg

You might have reached me and Ikeme levels, possibly me and Eastwood levels or maybe even me and Olofinjana levels. But you've a way to go yet for the big prize.

Surely RAN should be ahead of podence now
I’d happily see RAN get given a chance as a more attacking player.

Having said that, every time I come to the conclusion that Podence is a waste of space, he pops up with a goal. Such a frustrating player though, even more so than Adama.

Reactions: b3h
It might just be me but would it not make more sense for Bueno to be the attacker ahead of RAN? Much as I like RAN he still runs into blind alleys a lot and his delivery is not as good as Bueno's

Back