• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Would have taken a point before kick off, but based on the game it's 2 lost. Every single goal can be deconstructed, but sometimes although he and he could have done better at various points, you just have to say it's just a good hit. We'd be such a better team with a number 9 who understands the position and is mobile, we have one who doesn't and is and 2 that do but aren't. All that said Raul, did better today staying up top and being played off than he does now trying to come deep. Cunha's injury will likely be season ending, the obscure ones normally are
I hope not. Unbelievable that it was not even a foul according to Oliver.

Let's hope Neto i) isn't far from fitness and ii) isn't wank

I’ve watched it several times to try and see the mechanics (although only one replay and the ball is obscuring the view). He’s holding his calf, so Achilles would be the bad one, ankle ligaments probably near season ending unless it’s mild.

His ankles don’t look like they are under load when the force comes in and don’t seem to rotate or give way. It’s not like Neto’s ankle where you clearly saw it snap. I can only hope it’s the trailing leg of the tackler whose knee Catches him in the calf and gave him a dead leg. Or he’s just torn his calf independent of the contact.

According to Liam JL has said ankle, hence the MRI

Hopefully just a sprain

Disappointed not to win as we were the better team for most of that. Some absolutely sublime football first half in particular.

Keep on that way and we'll be fine. It's still a good point.

Hope Cunha is OK, looked far better with company up there. Full backs excellent and the best Kilman has played for about a year.

Keep passing it back results in being on the back foot occasionally. More positive second half tactics were needed. The Cunha injury was key & Oliver failed to give either foul (IMO) at that time.

Waved play on for the first one. I don't think the second is a foul, Palhinha gets the ball pretty cleanly.

If Cunha is out then hopefully Hwang will be able to fill the same role.

Or Podence....

Burrows on the radio comms was so frustrated with Pdence and his no-look passes going straight to opponents

Burrows on the radio comms was so frustrated with Pdence and his no-look passes going straight to opponents
He was frustrated because Podence actively made us poorer by being completely fucking shit. His occasional goals and 1 good game in 10 do not justify him getting a look in again this season. Terrible player.

Striker position/role truly cursed. We really can't catch a break and what's that stat about not having one score for us for over 300 days? Must be close to a whole season now.

Bueno has to have nailed his place as starting fullback surely. His growth this season one of the biggest positives. 60-40 with RAN at wing back too considering how well he does when he gets forward. At the moment I don't think we have a better crosser in the side.

Striker position/role truly cursed. We really can't catch a break and what's that stat about not having one score for us for over 300 days? Must be close to a whole season now.

Bueno has to have nailed his place as starting fullback surely. His growth this season one of the biggest positives. 60-40 with RAN at wing back too considering how well he does when he gets forward. At the moment I don't think we have a better crosser in the side.
10th March in the league, so 2 league games off achieving the year

The first XI put on a very good performance. Some great interplay and pressing was superb.

Raul should finish his chance as it was on a plate and we still don't create enough.

The subs were all shite to varying degrees. Podence the worst but a nod to the sinkhole of crap that is Adama. Complete waste of a shirt.

Cunha going of unbalanced us and sticking substandard shit like Adama and Podence on isn't winning you anything.

On a positive note Bueno and Semedo (when not playing behind Traore) were superb. Cunha and Sarabia do so much work and keep the ball so well in the midfield area it allows Lemina and Neves to do their thing well.
Sarabia is looking a great buy. He gets into excellent attacking positions and after tonight’s goal I hope he will push on and score more. His movement in the final third suggests he will.

Missed out on the win due to an excellent goal on a night where all the starting XI did well. Raul doesn’t look like scoring but he linked play really well. Lemina and Bueno were our two outstanding players. Sadly the subs were largely woeful with Podence’s display unbelievably poor. At least Costa tries but he’d struggle to outpace a glacier these days.

Oliver was generally ok but how he didn’t see that as a foul on Cunha I’ve no idea. Hopefully Cunha is ok but it looked bad. Just as it looked like Traore would be used as a sub which is often when he makes his most impact, though not last night, it looks like he’ll be back to starting at Anfield.

Sorry to go back to Podence again, but his performance last night has me riled up. My impression is that if he starts he can be 'ok', but if he's asked to be a sub and make an impact then he's utterly terrible. And for me that is an attitude problem, if he's a sub he spits his dummy out and can't be arsed to do his job properly and puts in half hearted, pathetic displays like last night. I just can't be doing with a player like that in the squad, he needs shipping out ASAP. Absolutely unforgivable performance last night.

I could have been the founder member of the Podence lack of fan club and I'd happily move him on in the Summer, for all the reasons I've never been fond of from day 1, but with Cunha likely to be out and Neto seemingly still short we need him now. I'd start him on the left on Wednesday.
We have scored 10 league goals in 9 games under Lopetegui. Podence has 3 of them, OG2

I could have been the founder member of the Podence lack of fan club and I'd happily move him on in the Summer, for all the reasons I've never been fond of from day 1, but with Cunha likely to be out and Neto seemingly still short we need him now. I'd start him on the left on Wednesday.
We have scored 10 league goals in 9 games under Lopetegui. Podence has 3 of them, OG2
I don't think he can play on the left in this system.

A sort of Asymmetric 4-4-2, he's better as the player behind Raul. I'd play him instead of Cunha on Wednesday.

It'll be that fraud Adama that starts though which is a huge mistake as he's fucking shit.

Last edited:
A lot of us see Raul in the "not as good as he once was" category. But I would put Adama ahead of him in that regard. I think, if rumours are true with regards other clubs being interested in Nunes, then we should remove him from the first eleven as their interest might wane with time due to how he has performed since coming here.

Back