• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fulham 2-0 verdict thread

It's difficult to see how changing the personnel can fix this either - could perhaps bring MGW in and Jota back, but that's it really. Vini seems to be out of favour.

I don't think it's the personnel, just really poor execution throughout. For about 5 minutes at the start of the second half we looked okay, but then went back to being really poor.

IMO the front three were guilty again of trying to beat the entire Fulham defense from the halfway line too often. We needed to settle things a bit and never really looked like trying that.

This was one of the rare games where I was actually feeling pessimistic about our chances and our loss is unsurprising.

What is surprising is just how awful we were. They were all terrible. N'Diaye in particular was shite, again. MGW should start against Reading. Douglas should have been sent off for that clumsy challenge on Ojo, didn't help with our attacks, recurring theme. RB continues to be our obvious weakness and Doherty provided nothing on the attack but we all know this and unfortunately there is not much that can be done about it now. Jota missed an absolute sitter after being set up well by Afobe (but then should he have just shot first-time and buried it anyway?) - Coady's pass that lead to it was great to be fair but that's my only positive. Coady should have done better against Mitrovic for the goal IMO. Cav looked to be the only player 'on it' and tried hard to get us back in the game but hard to do that on your own.

We were completely outplayed and while I'm not pant-wetting just yet (I'll save that for if we slip up against Reading), I don't think we have been worth the three points in any of our games since Sheffield United and this needs to be looked at by Nuno.

This and the rugby makes for a terrible day.

They were the better team. They passed it better, they defended better, they worked harder, they showed more desire and commitment, they took their chances better. Some of those things can be excused, they're in good form. The lack of desire and heart from Wolves today was inexcusable. It was a spineless, gutless, lightweight performance that reeked of complacency and it was a performance that got exactly what it deserved.

Make no mistake, more performances like that and our 'unassailable' lead will quickly dissipate and the chasing pack will start to smell blood in the water. No matter how much people will laugh at that notion on here.

Doesn't matter either way. More illustrative of just how fucking bad he was than anything.

Then why suggest it? It's like saying Jota purposefully missed because fuck that guy for dropping him?

"I'll play so poorly he'll never pick me again, that'll show him"

I'll put it down to you being "in the moment" you're normally much more measured.

Do you want to be in the PL and what the $#@! does it matter who wins the league as long as we go up?

Some of the stuff on here and the wider social media is $#@!ing childish beyond belief. You're grown ups, $#@!ing act like it.

What I was saying, Johnny, was tonight showed which of our players won't be playing in the PL. And yes, I'd like to win the league as the team is good enough. Like most fans, I'd rather win the league than finish second.

Then why suggest it? It's like saying Jota purposefully missed because $#@! that guy for dropping him?

"I'll play so poorly he'll never pick me again, that'll show him"

I'll put it down to you being "in the moment" you're normally much more measured.

It's been a fucking shit day before the match started, so yeah it was probably a poor choice on my part. But it was so far below even mediocre from him that it's utterly baffling that he could turn in a performance like that.

Do you want to be in the PL and what the fuck does it matter who wins the league as long as we go up?

Some of the stuff on here and the wider social media is fucking childish beyond belief. You're grown ups, fucking act like it.

Nothing like a good dose of condescension to support your point...

Verdict: absolute shite.

Pressure is on.

What a load of fucking nonsense. You and Alan are embarrassing yourselves tonight, time to go and pick up your toys and leave the Internet alone.

Who.in your opinion deserved a better score?
Other than Boly, and Cav who.played well?

What I was saying, Johnny, was tonight showed which of our players won't be playing in the PL. And yes, I'd like to win the league as the team is good enough.

I don't disagree with any of that. But then most of us knew that we would need to upgrade on at least 4 players and the last few games shows that we will need probably 5 or 6 players in key positions.

Of course I'd rather we win the league. I don't care if we don't as long as we're promoted and I couldn't care less if Warnock won it as everybody and their dog knows that he's as piss poor a PL manager as there is and Nuno is good enough for the top level.

It's like people have lost all perspective.

I don't disagree with any of that. But then most of us knew that we would need to upgrade on at least 4 players and the last few games shows that we will need probably 5 or 6 players in key positions.

Of course I'd rather we win the league. I don't care if we don't as long as we're promoted and I couldn't care less if Warnock won it as everybody and their dog knows that he's as piss poor a PL manager as there is and Nuno is good enough for the top level.

It's like people have lost all perspective.

No one has loat perspective. Performances like that are not acceptable because we have a big lead at the top.

Thats 3 games and we have deserved a grand total of 0 points.
We got 2 points

Nothing like a good dose of condescension to support your point...

Well people should have a long hard look at themselves. We've lost 5 games all season and whilst we might have not won in 3 it's a silly thing to expect to win all your games all the time.

We were away at the form team in the division without our best player and at best patchy form. Hardly unexpected to lose.

Just to give some more perspective, England got beat by Scotland by not being at it from the start and Man City got beat at Wigan lady week with a full strength team out. Teams lose and it seems our 'fans' and I include you in this are seemingly forgetting that fact.

So what the hell do we do against Reading? I'd be tempted to keep Coady in midfield and bring Miranda in - in 10 minutes in midfield Coady did more than Saiss or N'Diaye did all evening. MGW for Costa? Certianly Jota back for Bonatini. Does Ruddy keep his place? Some big decisions for Nuno...

Well people should have a long hard look at themselves. We've lost 5 games all season and whilst we might have not won in 3 it's a silly thing to expect to win all your games all the time.

We were away at the form team in the division without our best player and at best patchy form. Hardly unexpected to lose.

Just to give some more perspective, England got beat by Scotland by not being at it from the start and Man City got beat at Wigan lady week with a full strength team out. Teams lose and it seems our 'fans' and I include you in this are seemingly forgetting that fact.

Thanks for letting me know what I am and am not thinking... Very decent of you, wouldn't have known what to remember or forget without your help.

No one has loat perspective. Performances like that are not acceptable because we have a big lead at the top.

Thats 3 games and we have deserved a grand total of 0 points.
We got 2 points

Are you complaining at not winning away 2 games out of 3 against 1 side who's lost once in 15 and the other who is probably the team to beat right now?

Nobody has said the performance is acceptable and I'm sure Nuno thinks the same and I'm hopeful the players do too. They are all human and we all go through peaks and troughs, we'd do well as fans to remember this. That's why people like you have lost perspective.

It's fine to be annoyed at tonight's game and performance. But it's a bit bizarre to go so OTT with negativity. Haven't Nuno and the players earned a bit more respect from the supporters this season?

Good sides lose games from time to time. It's disappointing, and as we know we can play so much better than that, it's also frustrating.

But a bit of perspective is needed and a bit of cooling off probably wouldn't go amiss. Try farting. That helps. Always makes me smile a bit.

It's less that we lost as much as it is the manner of it. It felt like a complete capitulation.

Can you tell me what to think about the prospect of our 12 point lead possibly being down to 6 points in the space of 7 days?

It's fine to be annoyed at tonight's game and performance. But it's a bit bizarre to go so OTT with negativity. Haven't Nuno and the players earned a bit more respect from the supporters this season?

Good sides lose games from time to time. It's disappointing, and as we know we can play so much better than that, it's also frustrating.

But a bit of perspective is needed and a bit of cooling off probably wouldn't go amiss. Try farting. That helps. Always makes me smile a bit.
Aren't Brits supposed to be much too high class for fart jokes?

Back