• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I don’t do positivity and I don’t do negativity. Very much a realist in all walks of life. I don’t get carried away and I don’t think the worlds going to end, my thoughts are based on facts, logic and probabilities. I say it as it is, and believe that until proven otherwise.
Your messages in Mrs Punts birthday cards must be a scream :)

I honestly don't think the window was that bad, it's just that the previous 5 have made it awful when we didn't get what we needed.
That makes no sense.

So the previous 5 Windows haven't addressed what was needed and haven't strengthened the squad but you're ok with the latest window doing exactly the same thing?

I don’t do positivity and I don’t do negativity. Very much a realist in all walks of life. I don’t get carried away and I don’t think the worlds going to end, my thoughts are based on facts, logic and probabilities. I say it as it is, and believe that until proven otherwise.

I can only assume that because you haven’t proven otherwise then you agree with what I said? I mean I could go for the positive/blind faith approach and we might get lucky, but the facts, history, logic and probabilities suggest we won’t.

January is an opportunity to add to the squad and cover the gaps that have been left this time around. That's just the facts it the situation, you'd like to think they'll learn or perhaps their hand will be forced further by an injury or something, maybe they'll just do fuck all. No point getting wound up one way or another until it happens.

As things stand there are gaps in the squad but that's pretty much always the case for teams at all levels. An underwhelming summer didn't remedy a great but again that's nothing out of the ordinary.

The team is playing well so far in spite of anything else that's gone against them, few good results in upcoming games and everything starts to look much rosier. Just enjoy the journey for what it is.

As long as we have about 20 points by Christmas we have a chance of getting who we want. If we are several points adrift, then no one will want to come, and we will be in Fuck Street.

January is an opportunity to add to the squad and cover the gaps that have been left this time around. That's just the facts it the situation, you'd like to think they'll learn or perhaps their hand will be forced further by an injury or something, maybe they'll just do fuck all. No point getting wound up one way or another until it happens.

As things stand there are gaps in the squad but that's pretty much always the case for teams at all levels. An underwhelming summer didn't remedy a great but again that's nothing out of the ordinary.

The team is playing well so far in spite of anything else that's gone against them, few good results in upcoming games and everything starts to look much rosier. Just enjoy the journey for what it is.
Not getting wound up about it. Purely responded to your point that Saiss, for the reasons I outlined, could not/may not be able to he used as cover. And if he was used it would be a massive botch job.

Hang on. People have got wound up because a terrible window has happened. But all you’ve done is follow them around giving their posts ‘shocked’ emojis (when the admin have just removed the ‘laughing’ one for that exact reason) rather than actually talking to them and engaging normally.

You’d “like to think they’d have learnt” 3-4 windows ago but here we are. Your argument/points make no sense and you’re now contradicting yourself for good measure.

As long as we have about 20 points by Christmas we have a chance of getting who we want. If we are several points adrift, then no one will want to come, and we will be in Fuck Street.
I had forgotten that no club in the bottom three at January had ever made a good signing in that same window.

Anyway, I still feel that with the squad we have relegation shouldn't be a concern. If we're that poor off come January then we're probably looking for a new manager, too.

That makes no sense.

So the previous 5 Windows haven't addressed what was needed and haven't strengthened the squad but you're ok with the latest window doing exactly the same thing?
I didn't say that though did I?

I feel this window has been better in terms of getting in players we need. Hwang being an obvious one and a future CB in Mosquera, that's been better than we have done for a long time.

Obviously doesn't address other issues we obviously have, obviously..

So it’s a 3 out of 10 rather than a total dud. Excuse me for not getting the bunting out and selling well wishing messages to Mr Shi.

It was a fucking shit window. They know it. We know it. This bollocks article is trying to convince the 200,000 they don’t give a shit about that all is okay because esports. Fucking shameful. I’m really angry about what I am seeing at the moment which seems to be sneaky larceny of the badge and the brand for people that don’t matter while stealing it from those that do.

Not getting wound up about it. Purely responded to your point that Saiss, for the reasons I outlined, could not/may not be able to he used as cover. And if he was used it would be a massive botch job.
Cavaleiro up front in the Championship was just as much a bodge or Traore playing right wingback at the start of last season. These things happen, not just to Wolves.

Hang on. People have got wound up because a terrible window has happened. But all you’ve done is follow them around giving their posts ‘shocked’ emojis (when the admin have just removed the ‘laughing’ one for that exact reason) rather than actually talking to them and engaging normally.

You’d “like to think they’d have learnt” 3-4 windows ago but here we are. Your argument/points make no sense and you’re now contradicting yourself for good measure.

I didn't realise the reactions were only allowed if you replied too? Funny it doesn't get bought up when people get positive reactions with no written response.

I'm having the conversation where I feel it's worthwhile, some people are just throwing their thoughts (for want of a better word) on the page with reckless abandon. In some such cases it's impossible to put a reasoned response together and a simple reaction is the best I can do to convey my appraisal.

Cavaleiro up front in the Championship was just as much a bodge or Traore playing right wingback at the start of last season. These things happen, not just to Wolves.
Pointless going round in circles when all your alternatives aren’t even remotely comparable.

Playing one of the best forwards in the league as a 9 in the best team in the league by a margin is not the same as playing an top Championship midfielder as a midfielder in a midtable PL team weakening the defence in the process.

So it’s a 3 out of 10 rather than a total dud. Excuse me for not getting the bunting out and selling well wishing messages to Mr Shi.

It was a fucking shit window. They know it. We know it. This bollocks article is trying to convince the 200,000 they don’t give a shit about that all is okay because esports. Fucking shameful. I’m really angry about what I am seeing at the moment which seems to be sneaky larceny of the badge and the brand for people that don’t matter while stealing it from those that do.
I find it hard to get wound up whilst we're in the PL. I kinda decided to myself a while back that I'd rather be in the PL, whatever that looked like, than watching shite championship games that don't mean anything because we aren't going anywhere.

Seeing the wolves brand being pushed into new markets and places, well I don't know what that all means and what the result will be, but to me, wolves is more than a badge. If the club benefit brilliant, if wolves become known all around the world that's also cool. I don't think it would necessarily hinder wolves either.

I think Wolves are better off with Fosun, than without Fosun.

Pointless going round in circles when all your alternatives aren’t even remotely comparable.

Playing one of the best forwards in the league as a 9 in the best team in the league by a margin is not the same as playing an top Championship midfielder as a midfielder in a midtable PL team weakening the defence in the process.

So you say, people disagree, life goes on.

I find it hard to get wound up whilst we're in the PL. I kinda decided to myself a while back that I'd rather be in the PL, whatever that looked like, than watching shite championship games that don't mean anything because we aren't going anywhere.

Seeing the wolves brand being pushed into new markets and places, well I don't know what that all means and what the result will be, but to me, wolves is more than a badge. If the club benefit brilliant, if wolves become known all around the world that's also cool. I don't think it would necessarily hinder wolves either.

This basically sums up my feelings, as well.

I understand this point of view, but i also think it's a bit small time. A bit "we were in the 4th division you know, so stop moaning".

But we aren't in the Championship or the 4th division now, we are in our 4th consecutive top flight season for the first time in my life, we've been to Europe and finished 7th twice, which is why it's so frustrating that we actually seem to be regressing, certainly off the pitch. On the pitch as Jeff has said himself we are not far away from being something special, that actually makes it more frustrating and is exactly what does wind me up!

Back