• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Jota playing down the middle is not the same as Romain Saiss who was deemed not good enough for CM at this level 3 years ago.

Plus he’s off the AFCON after Christmas, is currently in the starting XI in defence so no, he will not be able to play there if needed. Unless a total botch job is the limit of our expectations

Jeff Shi isn't competent to lead Wolves.

The article is contemptuous from both parties and Shi especially.

Just fuck off you lying sack of shit.

Jota playing down the middle is not the same as Romain Saiss who was deemed not good enough for CM at this level 3 years ago.

Plus he’s off the AFCON after Christmas, is currently in the starting XI in defence so no, he will not be able to play there if needed. Unless a total botch job is the limit of our expectations
Will he be in the starting line up when Boly and Mosquera are back fit? Fair chance at least one of those is starting by Christmas and Saiss looking much more likely to be dropped than Kilman on current form. You're into the window for replacements by the time AFCON starts anyway.

Jeff Shi isn't competent to lead Wolves.

The article is contemptuous from both parties and Shi especially.

Just fuck off you lying sack of shit.
Me & Johnny in complete agreement.

the-end-is-near-homer-simpson.gif

Don't disagree with this, but the dissatisfaction thus far isn't with the team having 0 points from 3 games, it predates that and has been compounded by the transfer window.
You're not wrong, but I do wonder what the sentiment would be if we had 9 points. A moot point though as we don't.

Will he be in the starting line up when Boly and Mosquera are back fit? Fair chance at least one of those is starting by Christmas and Saiss looking much more likely to be dropped than Kilman on current form. You're into the window for replacements by the time AFCON starts anyway.
Mosquera a massive leap as TT says. Have you even seen him play?

Boly had what 3 or 4 hamstring injuries now and a broken ankle? Wouldn’t put my house on him being available every game until Christmas and Boly been off the ball a while now, think Saiss was out performing him last year although the regular injuries and ‘long Covid’ may have been a factor or is he just not as good anymore?

Wolves knew they needed a striker before the window opened last year and didn’t get a replacement in until mid January, so no, I’m not sure they will have a replacement in straight away and you’ve also got to factor in the player himself adapting.

You’ve also spent the last two pages telling everyone how difficult it is to do deals so why the sudden expectation we can get someone in on Jan 1st?

I don't feel like it's difficult to reconcile the fact that getting the right player(s) are the right price(s) can be extremely hard, and that we had a window that was sorely lacking.

They're not mutually exclusive.

I honestly don't think the window was that bad, it's just that the previous 5 have made it awful when we didn't get what we needed.

Well ultimately the roster isn't where it needs to be and the responsibility for that will always fall on the most recent window. The last 5 may look poor in hindsight but the opportunity was there to rectify those whiffs and we didn't take it.

The lies re transfers & Bruno/Nuno is petty, small time nonsense. Every club up and down the country has crappy executives who lie like that when they make mistakes. In the grand scheme of things none of it matters and I'd usually be fully on board with Shi despite it, given the upward trajectory of the football club since Fosun purchased Wolves.

Shi openly admitting that 200k Wolves fans mean less to him than the 10 million imaginary eSports neeks turns my stomach though. That's the real scandal here. This is almost as vile as the ESL crap in the summer.

From what I've seen I don't see much improvement and quite frighteningly I again do not see the impact that Mout and Ruben have given us. Missing Jonny badly and I think Adama needs selling. We're short of three or four but not unduly worried by the defence. Trincao looks okay but then again so did Shaun Newton.

Mosquera a massive leap as TT says. Have you even seen him play?

Boly had what 3 or 4 hamstring injuries now and a broken ankle? Wouldn’t put my house on him being available every game until Christmas and Boly been off the ball a while now, think Saiss was out performing him last year although the regular injuries and ‘long Covid’ may have been a factor or is he just not as good anymore?

Wolves knew they needed a striker before the window opened last year and didn’t get a replacement in until mid January, so no, I’m not sure they will have a replacement in straight away and you’ve also got to factor in the player himself adapting.

You’ve also spent the last two pages telling everyone how difficult it is to do deals so why the sudden expectation we can get someone in on Jan 1st?
What's life without a little positivity?

What's life without a little positivity?
I don’t do positivity and I don’t do negativity. Very much a realist in all walks of life. I don’t get carried away and I don’t think the worlds going to end, my thoughts are based on facts, logic and probabilities. I say it as it is, and believe that until proven otherwise.

I can only assume that because you haven’t proven otherwise then you agree with what I said? I mean I could go for the positive/blind faith approach and we might get lucky, but the facts, history, logic and probabilities suggest we won’t.

Back