• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I'm sorry, what?
Yeah well known story over here, that was suggested by the chairman (owners dad) also wanted a telephone put in the dugout, to contact the manager during the game.
Appointed a manager with no uefa licence who had no experiance of professional football.
Plus few other mad things
Will have to dig out an article earlier in the year about it

Last edited:
F85ACAC2-AEFA-4228-9EA9-D194AA141D05.jpeg

41CAFDE4-E459-494C-B280-96DCB2E6EDA4.jpeg
82722E92-492F-46CE-AF97-DAFE1930D812.jpeg
5E98D39C-9A50-4167-ADC8-5E13F79CDDEF.jpeg
A16482AA-F834-47EA-8863-DEC6C577DB6D.jpeg

So reading between the lines, we’ve turned in to hoofball merchants, with a lack of goal scorers across the squad, who rely heavily on our goalkeeper…

Less long balls in total than most sides on the list. How that makes us hoofball merchants is beyond me.
We'd need to see what percentage of passes are long and I'd like to see it game by game to see if there's been a change and if the accuracy has changed.

Spiers article about Peak6 is worth a read, particularly the bit about their involvement with Dundalk where their analytics team suggested that their goalkeepers take corners.
Looks like they are selling up at Dundalk, in talks with two consortium's, been rumours for the past few months that they wanted out.

Interview with everyone’s favourite member of the coaching staff Tony Roberts on the athletic… I enjoyed it anyway :D

Interview with everyone’s favourite member of the coaching staff Tony Roberts on the athletic… I enjoyed it anyway :D
Quite refreshing that he recognises that our play and creativity has got worse and they're trying to get back to that whilst still winning.

He still comes across as a cock though, when he says things like 'I like a bit of banter' he comes across as that bullying prick who uses casual racism and insults for humour that people are trying to eradicate from the work place.

He still comes across as a cock though, when he says things like 'I like a bit of banter' he comes across as that bullying prick who uses casual racism and insults for humour that people are trying to eradicate from the work place.
I’d say that massive assumption followed by generalisation/stereotype is worse than anything he’s probably done.

This hatred for him is weird. Started the day he joined. Swear it’s just because his name is “Tony Roberts” from Wales who likes banter. If he was foreign with the same personality the response wouldn’t be the same

Quite refreshing that he recognises that our play and creativity has got worse and they're trying to get back to that whilst still winning.

No he doesn't. Your assumptions are ridiculous and insulting

Think he comes across alright in that piece personally. Nothing wrong with having a bit of a laugh, it's good to have that blend of personalities in any team.

Having a a bit of a joker in a team can relieve tension and keeps up morale, as long as it's not done in a way that's a cover for bullying, but there's nothing to suggest he's that at all, don't think he'd last in the game long if he was. Bruno comes across as quite serious as well so it's probably a good mix the two of them.

Back