• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I took a bit of a dislike to TR after a very early training video when he was talking to John Ruddy like a 12 year old boy - but he came across alright in that Athletic article.

I really like Roberts to be fair. He’s strong with the goalkeepers and has obviously helped with our set pieces. He can’t do much about the delivery still. He does like the banter and it seems the players like that and like him. It just seems like people don’t like the word banter these days but a dressing room needs characters whether that’s the players or the staff.

I was at the open training session yesterday and he was very good there too both with his input and interaction with the fans.

I really like Roberts to be fair. He’s strong with the goalkeepers and has obviously helped with our set pieces. He can’t do much about the delivery still. He does like the banter and it seems the players like that and like him. It just seems like people don’t like the word banter these days but a dressing room needs characters whether that’s the players or the staff.

I was at the open training session yesterday and he was very good there too both with his input and interaction with the fans.
I think this where I'm at. He's probably borderline cringey trying to be funny but the mood in the squad seems fine.

Agree about set pieces too.

I think this where I'm at. He's probably borderline cringey trying to be funny but the mood in the squad seems fine.

Agree about set pieces too.
When watching the Leeds match heard the commentator say that we were only team in the league who hadnt conceaded from a set piece this season (dont know if that is true or not).

When watching the Leeds match heard the commentator say that we were only team in the league who hadnt conceaded from a set piece this season (dont know if that is true or not).
Only one really has been the penalty Marcal gave away, but that was him being a dickhead

He still comes across as a cock though, when he says things like 'I like a bit of banter' he comes across as that bullying prick who uses casual racism and insults for humour that people are trying to eradicate from the work place.
No he doesn't. What an awful thing to say. Bruno seems to like him anyway...

"Bruno Lage has heaped praise on Wolves' goalkeeping coach Tony Roberts – hailing him as one of the best in the world."

I remember reading that someone wasn't particularly impressed with his touchline involvement. It appears to be with Lage's blessing...

"He also has a big presence on the touchline and helps relay instructions and when asked if having that British voice is important, Lage added: "Yes, it is important."

Long balls isn't a very good metric anyway, any switch of play would be classed as a long ball and even now those are used quite often in our build up.

I’d say that massive assumption followed by generalisation/stereotype is worse than anything he’s probably done.

This hatred for him is weird. Started the day he joined. Swear it’s just because his name is “Tony Roberts” from Wales who likes banter. If he was foreign with the same personality the response wouldn’t be the same
This is garbage Punts.

No he doesn't. What an awful thing to say. Bruno seems to like him anyway...

"Bruno Lage has heaped praise on Wolves' goalkeeping coach Tony Roberts – hailing him as one of the best in the world."

I remember reading that someone wasn't particularly impressed with his touchline involvement. It appears to be with Lage's blessing...

"He also has a big presence on the touchline and helps relay instructions and when asked if having that British voice is important, Lage added: "Yes, it is important."

He does to me.

It's more that the people that use it tend to be arseholes.

Back