• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

What part of 'my experience' did you not understand and think was rubbish?
You're just making assumptions based on a throwaway comment....unless of course you have worked with him and know for a fact he is a cock and uses banter as a means to be racist and a bully, in which case I apologise.

You're just making assumptions based on a throwaway comment....unless of course you have worked with him and know for a fact he is a cock and uses banter as a means to be racist and a bully, in which case I apologise.
I'm making a connection between my own experiences and that phrase.

What about that is so hard for you to understand?

I'm not asking you to take my word as gospel or even agree with me.

I would ask you cut out the passive aggressive nonsense please.

Quite refreshing that he recognises that our play and creativity has got worse and they're trying to get back to that whilst still winning.

He still comes across as a cock though, when he says things like 'I like a bit of banter' he comes across as that bullying prick who uses casual racism and insults for humour that people are trying to eradicate from the work place.

He does to me.
"... he comes across as that bullying prick who uses casual racism and insults for humour that people are trying to eradicate from the work place."

This is the bit I was referring to. An enormous leap with absolutely no evidence to back up your pretty despicable slur.

As productive as this conversation has been, maybe it would be best to agree to disagree?

Although tbf I have a hard time disagreeing with Johnny as I just expect athletic coaches to be utter cockwombles by default.

As productive as this conversation has been, maybe it would be best to agree to disagree?

Although tbf I have a hard time disagreeing with Johnny as I just expect athletic coaches to be utter cockwombles by default.
Didn’t you have a pop at me in last weeks matchday thread for flippantly saying the referee “looks like a bit of a bellend”?

Good to see the old double standards flag flying high.

Does this quote allude to some of the more 'pragmatic' football we've been seeing?

I'd be really interested to know what has actually been going on between the coaches and the team recently. 4-4-2 wasn't an option so we changed back to something more suitable that the players knew and were comfortable with - sensible on Bruno's part as it would have been real 'square peg round hole' stuff to try otherwise.

First few games, we played open, progressive, attacking football, but couldn't finish our dinner. Didn't get the points we should have but I didn't see anything to suggest that we couldn't have achieved the same results we have since then playing that same style.

So where has the change come from? Have the players reverted to type? They showed they can play that way, it didn't seem like they were struggling with it, so I wouldn't think we changed to make them more comfortable - why would you *want* to spend the better part of each game defending and/or desperately scrambling to try to salvage points? Did Bruno just decide that he couldn't wait for things to click and he needed points on the board? By the sound of that quote it seems that way. In which case I guess you can laud him for pragmatism, but I can't imagine this is what he wanted when he signed on (in fact we know it isn't because of the noises he made about signings)

It certainly sounds like he is banking on recruitment in January. And I'm not sure why it would be any easier to get players in of the standard he seems to imply he wants than it was in the summer - generally it's almost always more difficult. Time will tell I suppose but I can't help but feel he is being sold down the river here - as mentioned in the transfer thread there is not a whole lot of faith in the club at this point, for a number of reasons.

I'd be really interested to know what has actually been going on between the coaches and the team recently. 4-4-2 wasn't an option so we changed back to something more suitable that the players knew and were comfortable with - sensible on Bruno's part as it would have been real 'square peg round hole' stuff to try otherwise.

First few games, we played open, progressive, attacking football, but couldn't finish our dinner. Didn't get the points we should have but I didn't see anything to suggest that we couldn't have achieved the same results we have since then playing that same style.

So where has the change come from? Have the players reverted to type? They showed they can play that way, it didn't seem like they were struggling with it, so I wouldn't think we changed to make them more comfortable - why would you *want* to spend the better part of each game defending and/or desperately scrambling to try to salvage points? Did Bruno just decide that he couldn't wait for things to click and he needed points on the board? By the sound of that quote it seems that way. In which case I guess you can laud him for pragmatism, but I can't imagine this is what he wanted when he signed on (in fact we know it isn't because of the noises he made about signings)

It certainly sounds like he is banking on recruitment in January. And I'm not sure why it would be any easier to get players in of the standard he seems to imply he wants than it was in the summer - generally it's almost always more difficult. Time will tell I suppose but I can't help but feel he is being sold down the river here - as mentioned in the transfer thread there is not a whole lot of faith in the club at this point, for a number of reasons.
Those first 3 games were before the transfer window closed. My view is that we played like that to get the rest of the team up to speed for when the 2/3 reinforcements slotted in after the international break. They didn't arrive so he switched to the pragmatic approach.

I still believe somewhere between the 2 is possible

The way he's talking it does seem like they've agreed between themselves ie the board and the coaching staff to get the points on the board between now and December/January.

Obviously if there was any hint of relegation being a possibility in January that would severely affect our ability to attract the type of players capable of playing the attractive football everyone wants.

Didn’t you have a pop at me in last weeks matchday thread for flippantly saying the referee “looks like a bit of a bellend”?

Good to see the old double standards flag flying high.
I told you that your comment was unnecessary, which it was. I've seen enough of Roberts in site vids to understand where Johnny is coming from, though.

I don't see how. Jinky made the comment in question while admitting he had never seen or heard of the referee before.

Roberts is much more a known quantity. I'm not saying Johnny is correct (notice I was trying to bring the conversation to a close?) as none of us know Roberts personally, but the way he carries on in some vids, would it shock me if I met him and thought he was a total ass? No, not at all. Simple as.

Not my argument... just seems that limited exposure to someone by video is either fair game to base a negative opinion on or not...

Seems a little rich to suggest that method is fine for you but not for someone else?

Back