• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

£150-200 a week as a teenager, living in a club house or digs with a club paid landlady/family, most meals at Compton. All bills included including Sky, internet, phone. Can't drink, smoke etc.

£200 is plenty surely?
Up until a couple of weeks ago we'd have said it'd have been plenty for Fabio Silva!

You can't include yourself in this bet though if that influences you :)

Think you'd be surprised, £800 a month isn't a ridiculous amount on the things you state really. How many people do you see at the match in 8-900 quid jackets, I see a lot.

£900 for a coat! Fuck me that's more than I've ever paid for cars, I'm umming and aahing on a £500 bike that I can get for trade price of £175 because I don't really want to spend that sort of money on a bike, a £900 coat, I'd need to be able to use it to walk on the moon in it for that price

I know I'm speaking from a very privileged position here but I have to say that expensive clothing really feels worth the money to me (up to a certain point, I'm not shopping on Rodeo any time soon). I mostly notice the difference in durability, but obviously fit comes into play with clothes at that price point, as well.

/rich

I know I'm speaking from a very privileged position here but I have to say that expensive clothing really feels worth the money to me (up to a certain point, I'm not shopping on Rodeo any time soon). I mostly notice the difference in durability, but obviously fit comes into play with clothes at that price point, as well.

/rich
You've changed from the kid who worked in Starbucks and lived in Jacksonville. Shitting on your roots 😃

You've changed from the kid who worked in Starbucks and lived in Jacksonville. Shitting on your roots 😃
I'll protect my buds in the service industry to the death, but Jacksonville can shove it. :LOL:

Charlotte was always home, I still have to pinch myself that I was able to come back.

I'll protect my buds in the service industry to the death, but Jacksonville can shove it. :LOL:

Charlotte was always home, I still have to pinch myself that I was able to come back.
Not that far apart distance wise are they by American terms? 3/400 miles?

About 5.5 hours (traffic permitting, which it never is because South Carolina is a god damned hellscape of a place to drive through) of driving to visit the parents from here. 380 miles I believe is what Siri quotes it at.

But definitely, in American terms Jacksonville and Charlotte are nearly next-door neighbors.

Nice one YW, very interesting. I had noticed that we seem to be in a much better position to pick up the loose balls and start an attack from an opposition corner, your article has shown me why that is., excellent stuff

Nice one YW, very interesting. I had noticed that we seem to be in a much better position to pick up the loose balls and start an attack from an opposition corner, your article has shown me why that is., excellent stuff
Dunno if the defending is different now to then but the first 2 seasons back in the Premier league we did this, we scored loads from moves where we won the ball on the edge of our own box and broke quickly. We seemed to not be able to do it last season

Good article YW, I enjoyed reading that and it tallies with my own thoughts [although communicated much better!)

What particularly enhances the article is the comments section getting a like from Pogo. No comment though of course ;)

Enjoyed your set piece analysis @YoungWolf, its here for others who haven't signed up:

I still consider myself a bit of a babe when it comes to tactical understanding of the game so these are always so enlightening for me. Cheers Louie for being a good writer and cheers Tredders for sharing this one.

I don't profess to understand tactics, but we did seem to loose the ability to counter attack last season with any real effectiveness. From what I recall previously we tended to rely on Jota picking up the ball and running. We do seem better set to pick up the loose balls this season and to start an attacking movement than from what I can remember of last.

Do you think last season our plan of not crossing the half way line for at least 45 minutes may have some bearing on our attacking stats ?

Back