• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Ramsdale has won player of the year two seasons running before this year! He was good for Bournemouth, struggled massively initially at Sheff Utd (didn't they all) then came good.
As if we dont know POTS is no real gauge- I give you Matt Doherty , Richard Stearman and Mark Rankine!;):p

Seriously, I think that was for quantity over quality. He probably had the most shots against in both seasons for both teams. Both defences were like sieves.

Last edited:
Bit harsh on Stears to stick him in that group. Not the greatest defender but the effort was at least always there.

Hennessey won it for us in 2012 on a similar basis. Everyone else was shit, and even though he conceded a load of goals he had a ridiculous amount of work to do and did keep us in it/keep the score down quite often.

I'm not sold on Ramsdale though. Physically he's too short and too heavy to be elite level, and a lot of his flashy saves are because his positioning was crap to start with. Also still lets in too many goals where it's not his fault, but you wouldn't particularly say he had no chance.

Bit harsh on Stears to stick him in that group. Not the greatest defender but the effort was at least always there.
No way he should have won it that year though. We had all of peak Sako, Afobe and Dicko here FFS. People did what they always do and pick someone who's played quite well from February onwards and/or showed improvement from being absolutely shite earlier on. It's not "most improved player of the season" or "best since the leaves started turning green", is it.

It should easily have been Sako or Dicko (probably not Afobe as he was only here from January).

As if we dont know POTS is no real gauge- I give you Matt Doherty , Richard Styearman and Mark Rankine!;):p

Seriously, I think that was for quantity over quality. He probably had the most shots against in both seasons for both teams. Both defences were like sieves.
Touche!

But still, I think he's better than he was being given credit for. Likewise, Arsenal acting like he's now the best keeper in the league is also obviously bullshit.

Hennessey won it for us in 2012 on a similar basis. Everyone else was shit, and even though he conceded a load of goals he had a ridiculous amount of work to do and did keep us in it/keep the score down quite often.

I'm not sold on Ramsdale though. Physically he's too short and too heavy to be elite level, and a lot of his flashy saves are because his positioning was crap to start with. Also still lets in too many goals where it's not his fault, but you wouldn't particularly say he had no chance.
I am with you there but he has improved a lot positionally this season , it appears( according to Arsenal STH and MOTD viewing!) Our goals v Sheff U at the start of last season prove your point.

Sheff Utd 0 - 2 Wolves - Match Report & Highlights (skysports.com)

Exactly, look at the difference in impact at Sheff Utd of Henderson vs Ramsdale. It's really a travesty Henderson isn't getting games as I think he would have dislodged Pickford for the WC if he had sooner. Might be too late now though.

Looks like he's been doing cocaine with his marigolds on.

Clumsy attempt to reclaim the PR narrative?

Definitely failed if so given how wildly different Spiers and Keen have read Bruno's quotes there.

That embargo has been there for as long as i can remember, it’s 10:30pm and they state it in the press conferences.

Clumsy attempt to reclaim the PR narrative?

Definitely failed if so given how wildly different Spiers and Keen have read Bruno's quotes there.
Naw, it's so whatever your agenda may be you can pick a story that reinforces your beliefs

Back