• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I think that having the confidence in Sa to play a sweeper role very effectively (which Patricio couldn't/wouldn't), the defence is able to play much higher up the pitch.

Yeah, enjoyed that Louie. It's definitely been noticeable how many second (and first!) balls we seem to win compared to last season.

Good article YW, I enjoyed reading that and it tallies with my own thoughts [although communicated much better!)

What particularly enhances the article is the comments section getting a like from Pogo. No comment though of course ;)
Ive thought for a while that pogo is actually our glorious leader Jeff

Wolves seem to have a different definition of huge savings than me:

Screenshot 2022-01-12 at 09.07.57.png

I'll wait until the kids shirts are BOGOF @ £20 before I purchase.

They're not alone to be fair. Mrs Jelly took a screenshot of a sale item she noticed elsewhere. RRP was £14. in the sale it had been reduced to £13.99 :rolleyes:
Look after the pennies and all that!

The training wear is pretty much gash, to beat a proverbial drum but they must have shifted more units with the addidas tie in, do they think people just buy any old tat because it has a Wolves badge on it.

My lads also in a small adults top now as the junior sizing is somewhat undersized, he's not exceptionally tall yet can't fit in the 15/16 year old tops, of course this costs me more. He's really not bothered with training stuff since the switch to Castore.

Really interesting segment on SSN, with a fair bit of analysis, as Rob Green calls Jose Sa the signing of the season.
Interesting, I think Ramsdale is the better signing but value for money is hard to beat Sa.

Edit: I limited that to keepers.

Broja, Livremento, Dennis, Olise, Guehi would all be better than those two for me.

Palace have had a very good window based on half a season.

Last edited:
Green did say that Arsenal fans would argue the case for Ramsdale. Best bit was analysis of the save from the Penandes free kick. I hadn’t noticed that he put Kilman and Saiss on the left of the wall so that it made going over the wall and into the top left corner very difficult as they are so tall. So Bruno could only go one way and Sa was set up for that. Contrasted it with Meslier letting in a free kick from Burnley that made the Leeds keeper look absolutely shite by comparison.

I think Sa is winning over many critics , here and elsewhere. He could opust Rui from the National Team too if he keeps this up.

With Ramsdale’s age can understand arguments for him in long term

Sa has been very good value as said.

With Ramsdale’s age can understand arguments for him in long term

Sa has been very good value as said.
Ramsdale looked bloody ordinary for the last two seasons , but has stepped up big time this one. If Southgate wasnt in love with Pickford he would get the jersey on form. Pope has dropped off this season. His area command has completely gone and I dont know why. He never could kick. Sa is streets ahead there. Henderson must be thinking of a move to get first team football surely.

Ramsdale looked bloody ordinary for the last two seasons , but has stepped up big time this one. If Southgate wasnt in love with Pickford he would get the jersey on form. Pope has dropped off this season. His area command has completely gone and I dont know why. He never could kick. Sa is streets ahead there. Henderson must be thinking of a move to get first team football surely.
Ramsdale has won player of the year two seasons running before this year! He was good for Bournemouth, struggled massively initially at Sheff Utd (didn't they all) then came good.

Whatever we thought of Ramsdale before, he’s earned some grace with his performances this season.

If nothing else, he’s a massive upgrade on Leno.

Does Ramsdale ever catch anything ? Has he got any thumbs ?
He's good at chucking himself about in the right places but he spills, pushes and punches a lot of footballs.

I think Sa has been the most 'suitable' signing for the planned change in style, well done to whomever sorted that deal.

ps. I'm on about Jose Sa in case one of Jinky enormous posts has made you forget what we are talking about :)

Back