• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I mean, if that was actually the case would we be loaning him out? It's good that he features in his plans though.

I just watched his press conference. Mentions Chem Campbell in same situation as Chiquinho. So we need to be patient with the latter, but again good that Campbell is rated by him.

Yeah the Chiqi comment can be read as a major positive for Campbell or a major negative for Chiqi... Given what we think Chiqi can do I hope it's the former.

Yeah the Chiqi comment can be read as a major positive for Campbell or a major negative for Chiqi... Given what we think Chiqi can do I hope it's the former.
It's closer to the former if little Liam's spin in his piece is to be believed. Not a major negative, but not first team ready
In injury news Jonny and Hwang ready for the first team in 2 weeks, Neto 4.

Neto was supposed to be back mid Feb according to Bruno a few weeks ago. Wonder if he's had a slight setback in training.

I mean, if that was actually the case would we be loaning him out? It's good that he features in his plans though.

I just watched his press conference. Mentions Chem Campbell in same situation as Chiquinho. So we need to be patient with the latter, but again good that Campbell is rated by him.
With Jonny getting back to fitness a loan makes sense as he’ll develop more playing at Blackburn than sat on our bench. We need to give Jonny some minutes to see if he’s the player he was.

Neto was supposed to be back mid Feb according to Bruno a few weeks ago. Wonder if he's had a slight setback in training.
Maybe not a setback so much as the initial diagnosis was slightly too optimistic? I'm sure things like that have to happen from time to time.

Neto was in training this week, a video of Coady hugging him was online yesterday.

So 14th over 5 years including 70m for Fabio and Semedo . Semedo I am getting to understand. Fabio remains a mystery. I have yet to see anything from the lad to justify that. We have since spent the square root of fa and got rid of wages on Rui and Adama. I still think we should have been more active.
You’ve never mentioned it before…

It's an argument against something nobody has said. There is the occasional casual poster that will say I'll judge them in August/January on a rolling 6 month basis, but by and large everyone on here thinks the squad is light and the manager has been sold short. Shouting it louder doesn't make you more correct. Neither does saying Fabio was a joke of a signing, apart from Slink and Beaver everyone else is there aswell

It’s not an argument.Ism merely offering an alternative view. It’s an attempt to counter act some of the ludicrous optimism regarding the second half of the season and our chances for Europe. The spending chart gives further credence to the idea that those who think we can make Europe this year with this squad may have misplaced ideas. The likelihood is we won’t. Sorry if I am not allowed to be consistent in my views for the fear of being repetitive.

Again it's not an alternative view, it's the consistent one across the forum. The only difference is you say we definitively WILL fall away as opposed to most others who say we need luck with form, injuries and suspensions or we will.

It’s not an argument.Ism merely offering an alternative view. It’s an attempt to counter act some of the ludicrous optimism regarding the second half of the season and our chances for Europe. The spending chart gives further credence to the idea that those who think we can make Europe this year with this squad may have misplaced ideas. The likelihood is we won’t. Sorry if I am not allowed to be consistent in my views for the fear of being repetitive.
Spending is no guarantee of success and it's not really an indicator of anything.

Wages are a better measure with us and Brentford significantly overperforming our position and Utd, Everton and Newcastle significantly underperforming.

Spending is no guarantee of success and it's not really an indicator of anything.

Wages are a better measure with us and Brentford significantly overperforming our position and Utd, Everton and Newcastle significantly underperforming.
Ok , fair enough. I agree. Its not how much you spend its who you buy and how they fit. Conversely not only do we not sign many players , we dont pay them as much as others either. Kinda proves Jeff and Fosuns ambition is lacking in comparison to their statements. We are trying to be "self sufficient" and that I understand, however you need a solid foundation for that. I dont think ours is solid enough as losing any one of Raul , Neves, Sa immediately weakens the team to the extent where they dont look loke scoring(Raul) or look likely to concede(Sa/ Neves). Also kinda proves my point that we are overperforming with this squad in terms of league position and my doubts that it will get any better.
That means players like Neves/ Moutinho/ Raul/ Kilman/ Sa the spine of the team may have their head turned if a side comes in that can offer them any of the following
1. Better chance to win anything
2. European football
3. Signings of similar quiality players
4. Higher wages
5. Better place to live.

All of this doesnt help me feel any more positive.

Back