• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I'm seriously considering my position re ST.
If there was someone to share the cost. and the ticket, it might be worthwhile but I'm just not getting to as many games as I want so a financial hit with massive increase in outlay will probably make me give mine up.
*cough*

There was someone on MM a year or two ago who said he didn't go any more because he couldn't pay cash on the gate.

Sorry lad, you can't pretend it's 1987 forever.

I know people pre-pandemic that boycotted a pub because it went card only.
I used to hate it when people in front of me paid by card in the pub....tbf only an occasional person did so usually the barman had to disappear to find the machine which took ages
When the pubs reopened after the first lockdown, they only wanted people to pay by cash, I got used to it and now I much prefer it, quicker and it saves me carrying cash......maybe some modern tech is ok😁

There's a huge opportunity for Wolves to improve on the whole ticketing situation, I think City (and maybe spurs) allow you to transfer your ticket to someone else (at cost and I'd assume the club takes a percentage).

So if I couldn't make a game I could "sell" to a member (LJ) and the club essentially makes a couple of quid without doing anything,plus they've sold LJ a membership which now means something.

Mind you, that would mean being able to upload tickets to smart cards and having a working app to transfer the tickets between people...
Sold it short, we should go fully app based and use contactless via a mobile to authenticate people into the ground.

I'd probably take up a ST if offered in the summer.

Although my match day experience is largely dependant on who I end up spending it with these days so if a number of people I know don't renew then I might be less likely.
Southampton at home your fav game so far this season then?!

I really wouldn't be a fan of that at all.

No, chap who goes with oue group is like you with tech and struggled hugely with the Covid Passports on his phone to the point we had to sort it for him in the pub. I daresay there's thousands of others who wouldn't want it too.

There's a huge opportunity for Wolves to improve on the whole ticketing situation, I think City (and maybe spurs) allow you to transfer your ticket to someone else (at cost and I'd assume the club takes a percentage).

So if I couldn't make a game I could "sell" to a member (LJ) and the club essentially makes a couple of quid without doing anything,plus they've sold LJ a membership which now means something.

Mind you, that would mean being able to upload tickets to smart cards and having a working app to transfer the tickets between people...
You can kinda do this already, on the odd occasions my kids can't go I call up and upgrade them to adults for mates.

You can kinda do this already, on the odd occasions my kids can't go I call up and upgrade them to adults for mates.
It's just not as easy as using an app and uploading to someone else's smart card and when charging for a premium service I think it's reasonable to expect a top notch product I'm return, and I don't just mean having more than 3 senior midfielders!

Back