• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

We can't recall him. Which is why I was hoping we'd sign 2 strikers in the window. But was informed we wouldn't need to ;)
We don't, we have Raul.

Now if you wanted to sell Raul you should've said so.

We can't recall him. Which is why I was hoping we'd sign 2 strikers in the window. But was informed we wouldn't need to ;)
Your sarcastic comment a couple of posts above is why you don't need 3 centre forwards when we play with 1. 2 plus another 2 who can do the role if required is enough. Whether the options are good enough is another question, but as they were both signed in the window just gone then they needed to be, if they aren't then that's on the recruitment not on not having a 3rd forward

Even Hwang would have put away one of the sitters that Raul bottled v Bournemouth.
Raul had a poor game v Bournemouth, all players play poorly at some point. That's up to the manager to recognise that and change it accordingly.

If you're basing Raul's ability on one game then you're an idiot. And I don't think you're an idiot.

Raul has been on a downwards slope since he was the victim of GBH. Some would say the signs were there even before that.

He's also been injured like clockwork for a spell every season we've had him (or at least every season bar one.)

Raul plus a relatively unknown quantity is an unnecessary risk.

I'm finding it a bit odd that we did a medical before buying Sasa which would have presumably had checks on this sort of thing given his history and within 45 minutes his ACL has gone.

Is it reasonable to question how effective our medical process is? I suppose we don't know what the medical team actually said in fairness, maybe they said he was a high risk signing.

Raul has been on a downwards slope since he was the victim of GBH. Some would say the signs were there even before that.

He's also been injured like clockwork for a spell every season we've had him (or at least every season bar one.)

Remind me how you attract 2 strikers of top quality when they know they’re fighting for one place?

So you're saying Raul should've been sold and another striker brought in.

If you think Raul isn't good enough that's fair enough but carrying a striker that will not play isn't going to happen.

You're just trying to be clever.

He's still the best striker we've had for quite a few years. And is currently our only striker right now. Would you play CC instead?

I'm finding it a bit odd that we did a medical before buying Sasa which would have presumably had checks on this sort of thing given his history and within 45 minutes his ACL has gone.

Is it reasonable to question how effective our medical process is? I suppose we don't know what the medical team actually said in fairness, maybe they said he was a high risk signing.
No, just means you don't understand knee injuries and impact.

Remind me how you attract 2 strikers of top quality when they know they’re fighting for one place?
Firstly, I thought the aim was to try and play two strikers this season. Maybe I misunderstood something somewhere around the move to a back four.

I would have bought in an additional striker on loan, or a striker for the U21s that we'd actually be comfortable playing a few minutes off of the bench to see out games.

Back