• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Reckon that buys Bruno even more time (lowered expectations for season)

Great. Now he’ll have plenty of time to eat in the Compton canteen that Bruno highly recommends.

Fuck sake that's unbelievable. Looked so innocuous when he went down too.

Blimey. Looking at frees available you've essentially got Diego Costa or Andy Carroll...

Do wish that Lage would keep his trap shut about stuff he knows nothing about - had it in my head as minor, and Sasa back for Liverpool.

Yep can see the medical staff not being best pleased with him, however probably gives him a free pass until November

Do wish that Lage would keep his trap shut about stuff he knows nothing about - had it in my head as minor, and Sasa back for Liverpool.
He is a professional football coach and has probably seen 1000s of injuries in his career, most of which would not have been serious. Sasa was assessed on the pitch by professionals who have probably seen 1000s of injuries, most of which would not have been serious. 30000 people in the stadium saw something that looked very innocuous and saw Sasa up and running and few, if any, suspected it was a serious injury. Most reasonable people would have thought it much more likely that it was a slight knock, a minor injury, the sort that happens all the time in a physical contact sport.

Then there are those people who use it as a stick to beat the manager because…why not.

The story here is a young lad on his debut picking up a serious injury, not some post match comments that, at the time, seemed perfectly reasonable.

That's bollocks. No reason to suspect that at all and frankly it's pretty disrespectful.
Well if a groin injury had been said last night then I wouldn't have made the post. Fatigue didn't ring true then and clearly now wasn't correct, but yes it was unfair

He is a professional football coach and has probably seen 1000s of injuries in his career, most of which would not have been serious. Sasa was assessed on the pitch by professionals who have probably seen 1000s of injuries, most of which would not have been serious. 30000 people in the stadium saw something that looked very innocuous and saw Sasa up and running and few, if any, suspected it was a serious injury. Most reasonable people would have thought it much more likely that it was a slight knock, a minor injury, the sort that happens all the time in a physical contact sport.

Then there are those people who use it as a stick to beat the manager because…why not.

The story here is a young lad on his debut picking up a serious injury, not some post match comments that, at the time, seemed perfectly reasonable.
As an armchair fan, it is often the innocuous incidents that cause the most serious injuries.

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, keep schtum until you do.

They did all the ACL tests on the pitch. Obviously can’t do them properly although from my experience unless your a knee guy it’s actually quite difficult to do.

Mad that he ran around afterwards and even sprinted down the tunnel to get assessed at Half time. Felt like I was on a wobble cushion immediately after both of mine and then minutes later swollen up like a balloon to the point I couldn’t bend my leg.

Any idea if it’s the same leg as last time or his other one?

Unbelievable.

That’s twice in a row than he’s suffered a serious knee injury immediately after signing for a new club. He’s either really unlucky or got knees made of biscuits. Hope he makes a full recovery.

We seem to have gone from being bizarrely injury free during Nuno’s early days to getting a couple of ACL’s every season.

As an armchair fan, it is often the innocuous incidents that cause the most serious injuries.

If you don’t know what you’re talking about, keep schtum until you do.
It doesn’t seem to have stopped you commenting.

There is a reliable and straightforward test that can be undertaken on the pitch which is an indicator of an ACL injury particularly if there is a tear. This test, together with a description of what happened from the player, would give the attending medic a high degree of information to determine if there was an ACL injury. Given that the player returned to the pitch it is safe to assume there was no concern at the time of an ACL injury. Further symptoms may not develop for a number of hours.

Lage’s post match comments were based on the information he had at the time. Your criticism is not justified and quite vapid.

They did all the ACL tests on the pitch. Obviously can’t do them properly although from my experience unless your a knee guy it’s actually quite difficult to do.

Mad that he ran around afterwards and even sprinted down the tunnel to get assessed at Half time. Felt like I was on a wobble cushion immediately after both of mine and then minutes later swollen up like a balloon to the point I couldn’t bend my leg.

Any idea if it’s the same leg as last time or his other one?
It will depend on the type of ACL injury. If it hasn’t teared completely, the presentation of the injury can be different. A teared ACL, particularly if there are other associated injuries, can make the knee completely unstable which was clearly not the case with Sasa. It may be the case that he doesn’t have a tear and/or no other injuries in proximity which could make recovery easier.

It doesn’t seem to have stopped you commenting.

There is a reliable and straightforward test that can be undertaken on the pitch which is an indicator of an ACL injury particularly if there is a tear. This test, together with a description of what happened from the player, would give the attending medic a high degree of information to determine if there was an ACL injury. Given that the player returned to the pitch it is safe to assume there was no concern at the time of an ACL injury. Further symptoms may not develop for a number of hours.

Lage’s post match comments were based on the information he had at the time. Your criticism is not justified and quite vapid.
I am not the manager of Wolverhampton Wanderers - I do not expect that fans of Wolves will treat my post with any great weight, or expect me to have sought sufficient information to comment with any gravitas.

Thanks also for the information about ACL injuries - Google was able to provide me with just as much detail.

Your opinion of whether my criticism is justified or vapid comes across as rather pompous and slightly up your posterior orifice.

I am not the manager of Wolverhampton Wanderers - I do not expect that fans of Wolves will treat my post with any great weight, or expect me to have sought sufficient information to comment with any gravitas.

Thanks also for the information about ACL injuries - Google was able to provide me with just as much detail.

Your opinion of whether my criticism is justified or vapid comes across as rather pompous and slightly up your posterior orifice.
And, your point is?

It will depend on the type of ACL injury. If it hasn’t teared completely, the presentation of the injury can be different. A teared ACL, particularly if there are other associated injuries, can make the knee completely unstable which was clearly not the case with Sasa. It may be the case that he doesn’t have a tear and/or no other injuries in proximity which could make recovery easier.
If it's an ACL injury and needs surgery it doesn't matter if it's a tear or rupture it will be replaced.

The rapid nature of the surgery suggests no other complications.

To add to that of it's a graft he has popped then it's an easy surgery.

Lage could've said, 'He'll be assessed tomorrow' which wouldn't have made him look a plank when his player is it for a minimum of 6 months.

Well mine were smashed to bits both times, good old unhappy triad.

The lack of meniscus injury (which seems likely, although swelling associated with these is more hours than minutes) will aid rehab as he won’t need a brace and can start straight away. The other ligaments all much easy to repair/rehab so won’t affect the timeline, so will be on the 6-9 months regardless.

Fingers crossed he’s got off lightly, relatively speaking.

Cheer up guys, at least we still have Guedes and Hwang to fill in up front (y)(y)(y)

Back