• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Would have been more valuable to have Neto there even for 10-15 minutes than Hodge.

Wish someone would point out to the media that Ruben has been doing this a lot longer than Rashford.

Attachments

• D152D052-A8B0-4995-A1CE-AAC46E9D5BF5.jpeg
    D152D052-A8B0-4995-A1CE-AAC46E9D5BF5.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 9
When my lad got tickets for the Spurs game, he mentioned it said 'standing', looks like I'll be standing up oh joy☹️

I know a lot of people are disparaging about the flags thing, but the 'Wor Flags' campaign at Newcastle has been massive and has firmly helped build the bond between the club and the fanbase with the club helping provide funding for flags and the fans responding by helping generate a terrific atmosphere at St James's Park. Knock it all you like, the Newcastle fans love the flags up here.

They're 4th in the league and in a cup final though, after about 15 years of awful ownership that relegated them twice and actively alienated the fans, and they've gone directly from Steve Bruce to an actual manager. Think that's a bigger driver for the atmosphere.

Flags aren't saving your atmosphere when you're 15th in the table and losing at home to Bournemouth.

Plus any time we do this, it's incredibly tinpot and run by people who just want a bit of attention and a pat on the back.

They're 4th in the league and in a cup final though, after about 15 years of awful ownership that relegated them twice and actively alienated the fans, and they've gone directly from Steve Bruce to an actual manager. Think that's a bigger driver for the atmosphere.

Flags aren't saving your atmosphere when you're 15th in the table and losing at home to Bournemouth.

Plus any time we do this, it's incredibly tinpot and run by people who just want a bit of attention and a pat on the back.
Don't disagree, but I'm just pointing out that when it's done right it can help generate atmosphere. Just dismissing it as 'sportswashing at its finest' is both blasé and holier than thou.

We all appreciate the roots of the Newcastle ownership and most people find them incredibly distasteful, but to dismiss them, as TT has done, is missing the point on how many things they have got right as owners, and building the relationship with the fans up here is without a doubt one of them, regardless of how easy it has been to please the Newcastle faithful.

Personally, I'm not arsed one way or another if we have flags at Molineux, but when the majority of St James's Park is (sports)awash 😜 with hundreds of black and white flags of all sizes, it looks pretty impressive. Half a dozen poxy ones in one section of the ground is a different story.

There's nothing holier than thou about it. I don't care either way whether Newcastle have a stadium bedecked by flags or not. The Saudi's connecting with the fanbase in that way is sportwashing though. Seeking validation and legitimisation by essentially buying favour is the very definition of it

I noticed that the Bournemouth fans seemed to have rails in front of them on Saturday. Could have been my dodgy eyes, but I didn't realise we had them up in that corner.

Isn't it a condition of getting the licence that it needs to be in the away section too?
Which is why we didn't get one of the first licences?

Isn't it a condition of getting the licence that it needs to be in the away section too?
Which is why we didn't get one of the first licences?
That's right, there have been some rails in the quadrant for a while now as well.

Reading the article the club has posted seems there are some in the Steve Bull as well? Not sure where however.

It's the back three/four rows or so of the Steve Bull Lower.

I can't see the quadrant from my seat so I don't know where they are in there.

I guess we have to have rails in any section that we put away fans into hence the small number in both the Steve Bull lower and the quadrant

Looks claustrophobic to me.

Random tidbit:

Bill Tuiloma dropped Mario Lemina’s name during his introductory presser in Charlotte (context: players who Tuiloma was impressed by whilst in Ligue 1). I’d forgotten the two were at Marseille together.

Fabrizio Romano has said Man City have nabbed a couple of our scouts. Sean Murphy (senior academy scout) and Bradley Wall (lead technical scout). They'll join City in April.

That sounds like a bit of a blow, in terms of background staff.

Back