• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Trebling his wage is a bit obnoxious from Jeff.

No wonder Vinny put the prices up.

and he still looked a miserable fucker when the South Bank was singing his song to him on Saturday.

Just came on to post that. Have I genuinely read that right? He gave himself a pay rise of £212k?!
or he reached targets set by Fosun for that year and it was a bonus payment. (of course targets set will be a wide ranging scope not just on the pitch and this period is pre Lage fucking everything up in that area)

His wage would be signed off higher up the ladder within the Group rather than Jeff having a 1 to 1 with himself and boosting his own wage

or he reached targets set by Fosun for that year and it was a bonus payment. (of course targets set will be a wide ranging scope not just on the pitch and this period is pre Lage fucking everything up in that area)

His wage would be signed off higher up the ladder within the Group rather than Jeff having a 1 to 1 with himself and boosting his own wage
It's still tone deaf when it comes out of the club's accounts, after years of consecutive price rises for fans who struggle to afford to go to games any more in the middle of a cost of living crisis.

Unjustifiable.

What Bear said. Utter lunacy.

Jez was on £500k p/a in 2003/4 - when we had far less money as a club and without nearly 20 years of inflation, let alone football inflation to consider.

Fosun pay Shi what they feel he is worth, which as Del says is not that much in relation to his peers. He didn't sign off his own wage increase FFS.

What they spend their/the club's money on is up to them and they'll be judged accordingly. Signing Guedes who was obviously shit and far too expensive is way more annoying. As is directly increasing the financial burden on fans by ever increasing ticket prices.

Edit: Not a brilliant source but he's down as earning £1.1m p/a here around 2011/12.

Not going to try and defend his pay but just saying his pay would be guided by someone else and as with any Director/CEO he will have a shit ton of bonus layers in there.

We all know wages in football are fucking stupid but what is worse Jeff getting £400-600k a year for running a club or the likes of Guedes picking up around 60k a week to be shit for 95% of his time with us? 1 of those wages is public(ish...as he isn't named but don't need to be Sherlock to work out its him) and the others are private.

Should players be on 50k+ a week when there is a cost of living crisis as well? Should they get new deals with pay rises or their bonuses for scoring goals.

I know which wages I would be picking apart before Jeff's

Last edited:
Aside from Jeff's wages, could there be any cause for concern next time? Youd think we will make a fair loss again in the next set of accounts with the money we have spent plus you'd assume the wage bill will have a fair increase - we haven't really sold anyone for big money to offset any of it. This isnt me saying there will be an issue I genuinely don't know.

It's also possible some of his pay may have been coming from elsewhere within Fosun Group and now more of it has transferred to Wolves instead.

I can understand why the optics are terrible but the underlying reason isn't a problem

Aside from Jeff's wages, could there be any cause for concern next time? Youd think we will make a fair loss again in the next set of accounts with the money we have spent plus you'd assume the wage bill will have a fair increase - we haven't really sold anyone for big money to offset any of it. This isnt me saying there will be an issue I genuinely don't know.

Yeah I think there will be a substantial loss next time around tbh, comfortably £50m+, as we'll have the sacking of Lage & team, hiring of Jools and his band, and obviously substantial player recruitment with only really MGW bringing any money in

Yeah I think there will be a substantial loss next time around tbh, comfortably £50m+, as we'll have the sacking of Lage & team, hiring of Jools and his band, and obviously substantial player recruitment with only really MGW bringing any money in
Donck/Campana/Boly is about £20m and we'll have lost a fair bit off the wage bill (Ruddy/Saiss/Boly/Marçal/Donck weren't cheap, rid of whatever we were paying towards Cutrone and Bonatini while on loan too) which offsets at least some of the new signings since in that respect.

Aye true, forgot about all the out of contracts and Donk too tbf. Mind you, wouldn't be surprised if Cunha, Sarabia and Nunes' combined wage surpasses the wages of all of the above

Capitalism in nonsensical distribution of wealth shocker.

How much he's earning is irrelevant. Giving himself a 50% pay rise in the current climate is the issue. It comes across very badly.

Back