• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Perhaps doesn’t get the plaudits/headlines that some of our other players get, but the marked improvement in his performances cannot go understated. Cut out a lot of his sloppy stuff and really is a solid PL keeper at this point. Another player who’s got better under Gaz & his team, so credit where it’s due.
I always felt the criticism aimed at Sa was exaggerated anyway.

Last season he was far from his best but nowhere near our worst player.

There are several areas I'd want to strengthen before worrying about the GK...

His backup though, needs upgrading.

Sa was worthy of a lot of his criticism and I say this as someone that likes him. Generally nothing to do with his basic keeping skills it was mainly down to his insanity with the ball at his feet - tons of times passing to the opposition under little or no pressure, looking for a pass when it really needed to be lumped and generally being a bit of a tit with the ball at his feet. With this, when he did let in a soft goal it just adds to the view on him being poor. In reality he doesn't let in anymore soft goals than the average PL keeper.

He has thankfully managed to cut a lot of that out of his game and I think our keeper coach and GO take some credit for that. Can't recall the game but there was one this season where Sa tried 2 or 3 passes out and got them all wrong and GO went nuts at him and rest of the game he played sensibly.

Last edited:
Sa was worthy of a lot of his criticism and I say this as someone that likes him. Generally nothing to do with his basic keeping skills it was mainly down to his insanity with the ball at his feet - tons of times passing to the opposition under little or no pressure, looking for a pass when it really needed to be lumped and generally being a bit of a tit with the ball at his feet. With this, when he did let in a soft goal it just adds to the view on him being poor. In reality he doesn't let in anymore soft goals than the average PL keeper.

He has thankfully managed to cut a lot of that out of his game and I think our keeper coach and GO take some credit for that. Can't recall the game but there was one this season where Sa tried 2 or 3 passes out and got them all wrong and GO went nuts at him and rest of the game he played sensibly.
Of course he deserved criticism. I said that criticism was exaggerated to the point he was public enemy number one.

Last season there were numerous positions we were weaker in than GK, was my point.

Of course he deserved criticism. I said that criticism was exaggerated to the point he was public enemy number one.

Last season there were numerous positions we were weaker in than GK, was my point.
When you he was actively doing things to put himself under pressure I don't think it was (take out @Deutsch Wolf comments as he just hated him and he is better than that really...)

I stuck up for him last season, despite him making efforts to show I do infact know fuck all.

It amazed me that Lopetegui didn't try and stop him being stupid with the ball at his feet. I think his answer was going to be sell him and replace him with a player he trusts rather than working with him.

Lop didn't appear to be a good coach of players in hindsight.

"Just sell them" seemed to be his solution.

RAN, Sa...

Imagine if we'd signed Cresswell and sold RAN....christ.
It's going some when his assessment of RAN was (IMO with hindsight) worse than him quitting and leaving us in the lurch days before the opener.

That's because he was carrying an injury. Sa is absolutely fine. When you're a GK, your errors are more exposed than outfield players.
I still think he's a better keeper than Patricio.

Last edited:
Ah, didn't realise that was who it was!

Doyle hasn't nailed down a 1st team spot, so it's a hell of a leap to suggest he's replaced Neves!

As I said on there - I like Doyle and absolutely all in at that price.

At £10m I'd have to have a serious think.

We sold Neves for nearly £50m.

Join the dots.

As I said on there - I like Doyle and absolutely all in at that price.

At £10m I'd have to have a serious think.

We sold Neves for nearly £50m.

Join the dots.

Generous to consider £50m Neves' true market value, only one buyer was offering that level of fee and we know other, more conventional, parties didn't get close to what Wolves would've wanted.

Back