• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

The whole of the North Bank is being used for the Korean section then

12% would be £700 on the nose behind the goals. Don't think it'll be that high, but Jeff never ceases to surprise

700 would "only" be £37 per game, still a significant sum less than the glory hunting, scummy, day trippers.
It’s absolute bargain. Are you on the waiting list? Might get your chance to take them up on said bargain.

Which is precisely why it's not in the club's interest to actually look after season ticket holders. The less season ticket holders the better as far as they're concerned.
They need to be careful what they wish for...

Losing 2000 STH's @ £35 per game with 19 games = £1,330,000

Replacing those with pay on the days at £42 for 10 games = £840,000
Having extra 1000 pay on the days for less appealing games (9) = £378,000

Total £1330000 - £1218000 = losing £112k - It doesn't take much for it to end up costing them. We saw last night how attendances can drop off for less attractive midweek fixtures.

D3U4LEG6JNGZZHPPPW33KVCI2E.jpg

Only about 56% more than I was paying 6 years ago, in the same league, when we had better players and the ground didn't look like a fucking kip.

I think I'll tell them where to go.

They need to be careful what they wish for...

Losing 2000 STH's @ £35 per game with 19 games = £1,330,000

Replacing those with pay on the days at £42 for 10 games = £840,000
Having extra 1000 pay on the days for less appealing games (9) = £378,000

Total £1330000 - £1218000 = losing £112k - It doesn't take much for it to end up costing them. We saw last night how attendances can drop off for less attractive midweek fixtures.
It's everything else around the fixture as well though. They want people to get to the stadium early, hang around the 'fan zone', go on a museum tour, visit the club shop, buy food & drink and then queue up for hours to meet Hwang afterwards. They're the type of people they want going to the games, not someone like me who drinks in the Western until 14:45, gets to the ground just in time for kick off and then leaves straight after.

D3U4LEG6JNGZZHPPPW33KVCI2E.jpg

Only about 56% more than I was paying 6 years ago, in the same league, when we had better players and the ground didn't look like a fucking kip.

I think I'll tell them where to go.
Ah, but since then we’ve introduced a system that ensures you’re no longer the victim of human error on key decisions. A major enhancement of the ‘match day product’ I’m sure we all agree.

It's everything else around the fixture as well though. They want people to get to the stadium early, hang around the 'fan zone', go on a museum tour, visit the club shop, buy food & drink and then queue up for hours to meet Hwang afterwards. They're the type of people they want going to the games, not someone like me who drinks in the Western until 14:45, gets to the ground just in time for kick off and then leaves straight after.
Quite. They don't want me, criticising the club, manager and players, who spends nothing in the ground and only ever buys club shop stuff if it's cheap and I happen to have built up their crappy merchandise cash that I'll lose otherwise.

Problem is you aren't guaranteed to get me back when they're struggling to sell 22,000 tickets vs Millwall.

How the fuck have they lost someone like me, for God's sake.

Quite. They don't want me, criticising the club, manager and players, who spends nothing in the ground and only ever buys club shop stuff if it's cheap and I happen to have built up their crappy merchandise cash that I'll lose otherwise.

Problem is you aren't guaranteed to get me back when they're struggling to sell 22,000 tickets vs Millwall.

How the fuck have they lost someone like me, for God's sake.
Because the only legacy fans they understand are the flag wavers and sticking cardboard to seats crew. The very fact they coined that phrase tells you everything you need to know. It's why the link to the Korean playing in Croatia yesterday is credible.

I understand where you are coming from but apart from the big games where we will sell out, I doubt that there will be 1000 others ready to rock up to see Sheffield United and spend the additional money that you don't. In the above example they'd be 29000 tickets sold at the additional cost and if they have to make £250k in extra sales of Pop/beer/ale/pies to get back the £100k they've lost out in ticket sales that would mean each attendee having to spend about £8.50 per game for the club to break even on losing the STH's. (on the basis that the ones who have left all spent there money elsewhere which won't be the case)
I'm an infrequent visitor to Molineux but any clubshop spending I'm doing online anyway. My point is that it doesn't take much for losing a few STH's to end up costing the club money.
That strategy is fine if you are say like those from Aston, on a crest of a wave with folk wanting to turn up every week and spend additional amounts just to get through the door. We have been on the decline for 4 season's now and the novelty of the Premier League is wearing off.

I understand where you are coming from but apart from the big games where we will sell out, I doubt that there will be 1000 others ready to rock up to see Sheffield United and spend the additional money that you don't. In the above example they'd be 29000 tickets sold at the additional cost and if they have to make £250k in extra sales of Pop/beer/ale/pies to get back the £100k they've lost out in ticket sales that would mean each attendee having to spend about £8.50 per game for the club to break even on losing the STH's. (on the basis that the ones who have left all spent there money elsewhere which won't be the case)
I'm an infrequent visitor to Molineux but any clubshop spending I'm doing online anyway. My point is that it doesn't take much for losing a few STH's to end up costing the club money.
That strategy is fine if you are say like those from Aston, on a crest of a wave with folk wanting to turn up every week and spend additional amounts just to get through the door. We have been on the decline for 4 season's now and the novelty of the Premier League is wearing off.
I absolutely agree with you but if they think they can lower the % of STHs, charge more for those that still do renew and maintain attendances they absolutely will do that.

Said before I think they'll go after the concessions sooner or later. A couple of clubs have done that, the rest will follow eventually. That's where Sniffer's maths falls foul in terms of the delta.

Back