• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Sessegnon has achieved a lot more than Walcott had at this age I would argue. And is going to go for mega money if Fulham sell!

No way can they keep if they dont go up. Fulham will feel that just like when we lost Lescott and Keane.

The most ridiculous part was him featuring in the Club Development XI, which was players that have risen to the top through the ranks of the EFL.

Sessegnon has achieved a lot more than Walcott had at this age I would argue. And is going to go for mega money if Fulham sell!

Not sure that’s true - Walcott had already played for England by this age, signed for Arsenal, won young sports personality of the year and played in both the premier league and Europe.

Sessegnon’s achieved nowhere near that tbh

Yeah, Walcott was really special - remember him coming on against wolves in 2004 or 5 and being terrified everytime he got the ball.

Yeah, Walcott was really special - remember him coming on against wolves in 2004 or 5 and being terrified everytime he got the ball.

I was at that, I think it was his debut on the opening game of the season. Thankfully he only came on for about the last 5 minutes because he ripped us to shreds.

I was at that, I think it was his debut on the opening game of the season. Thankfully he only came on for about the last 5 minutes because he ripped us to shreds.

I was living abroad and managed to watch it on a crappy little black and white portable tv - its sad to see he never really lived up to his potential, because he looked bloody brilliant.

That hat trick vs Croatia should have been his big breakthrough moment. But it wasn't.

Sessegnon is better than Walcott was, quite easily tbf.

At the same age they are comparable. As others have said, he was terrifying with the ball at his feet add his sheer pace in and he should've been an England stalwart for years. Wenger ruined him as a player and was doing the same with the ox until Klopp intervened.

Walcott definitely played more games for Arsenal than I remembered in his first year (no idea how many were starts having quickly scanned through it), but Sessegnon has definitely played a lot more games, and been very key and effective member of a team. And was a key member of the England u19 squad that won the euros I think.

Probably fairly similar thinking more about it now but I still think Sessegnon will go onto better things. Sessegnon is a more intelligent footballer IMO. Arrives in the right places as well as his other qualities. Walcott never really seemed to get past his main strength which was his pace, of course.

Why do some of our fans have to post rubbish like this...

"After securing promotion to the Premier League last weekend, with 4 games of the season remaining.
Our man in Portugal may have court up with Jorge Mendes and Guo Guangchang at Gestifute Head Office (pictured) or O Paparico Restaurant (pictured) in Porto, munching nouvelle cuisine.

In a revealing chat, plans are now in place to make Wolves the biggest football club in world football.
Our man has it on good authority that Fosun with their links to Gestifute are planning to purchase the 15 top players in world football to add to what has become a very talented squad of players at Compton Park.

Although financial fair play (FFP) rules will appear to be blown out of the water with this move, Jorge and Guo may have assured our man that with the new proposed Fosun shirt deal thought to be worth £10 billion over the next 10 seasons, in addition to income from live match streaming in China, in the last 12 months these have increased Wolves income, alleged planned TV streaming to 4 million new Chinese Wolfs watching each match on live TV in China signed up for 2018/2019 English Premier League season.
This been on top of the £1.48 Billion profits from Fosun International in 2017. Which will enable Fosun International to put money into the club via other Fosun International owned companies sponsorship of Wolves such as Thomas Cook and Club Med and in doing so making Wolves the Fosun International Flagship on the world football stage.

In addition to all that, Fosun’s Club Med resorts are encouraging all young holiday makers to join the new ‘Club Med Wolf Cub Packs’ at resorts throughout China. With over 500,000 holiday makers visiting Club Med Resorts worldwide each year this again is hoped to increase Wolves growing young supporter base in China and around the world.

Allegedly plans are already in place and Wolves will possibly be staying at an unnamed Club Med resort in China on their preseason ‘Chinese Football Extravaganza’ involving Wolves and several of the worlds top football clubs.

Our man outside O Paparico Restaurant in Porto is quoted as saying “Jorge and Guo are over the moon with progress over the last 20 months and they are both looking forward to restoring Wolves to the top of world football”.

Fosun International, the possibilities are endless."

I'm glad their reporter "court" up with them :angry-smiley-034:

Why do some of our fans have to post rubbish like this...

"After securing promotion to the Premier League last weekend, with 4 games of the season remaining.
Our man in Portugal may have court up with Jorge Mendes and Guo Guangchang at Gestifute Head Office (pictured) or O Paparico Restaurant (pictured) in Porto, munching nouvelle cuisine.

In a revealing chat, plans are now in place to make Wolves the biggest football club in world football.
Our man has it on good authority that Fosun with their links to Gestifute are planning to purchase the 15 top players in world football to add to what has become a very talented squad of players at Compton Park.

Although financial fair play (FFP) rules will appear to be blown out of the water with this move, Jorge and Guo may have assured our man that with the new proposed Fosun shirt deal thought to be worth £10 billion over the next 10 seasons, in addition to income from live match streaming in China, in the last 12 months these have increased Wolves income, alleged planned TV streaming to 4 million new Chinese Wolfs watching each match on live TV in China signed up for 2018/2019 English Premier League season.
This been on top of the £1.48 Billion profits from Fosun International in 2017. Which will enable Fosun International to put money into the club via other Fosun International owned companies sponsorship of Wolves such as Thomas Cook and Club Med and in doing so making Wolves the Fosun International Flagship on the world football stage.

In addition to all that, Fosun’s Club Med resorts are encouraging all young holiday makers to join the new ‘Club Med Wolf Cub Packs’ at resorts throughout China. With over 500,000 holiday makers visiting Club Med Resorts worldwide each year this again is hoped to increase Wolves growing young supporter base in China and around the world.

Allegedly plans are already in place and Wolves will possibly be staying at an unnamed Club Med resort in China on their preseason ‘Chinese Football Extravaganza’ involving Wolves and several of the worlds top football clubs.

Our man outside O Paparico Restaurant in Porto is quoted as saying “Jorge and Guo are over the moon with progress over the last 20 months and they are both looking forward to restoring Wolves to the top of world football”.

Fosun International, the possibilities are endless."

I'm glad their reporter "court" up with them :angry-smiley-034:

God thats fooking garbage. Where did you find that?

Back