• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Tennis Court, Carl Cort of Caught a fish yesterday...

Why do some of our fans have to post rubbish like this...

"After securing promotion to the Premier League last weekend, with 4 games of the season remaining.
Our man in Portugal may have court up with Jorge Mendes and Guo Guangchang at Gestifute Head Office (pictured) or O Paparico Restaurant (pictured) in Porto, munching nouvelle cuisine.

In a revealing chat, plans are now in place to make Wolves the biggest football club in world football.
Our man has it on good authority that Fosun with their links to Gestifute are planning to purchase the 15 top players in world football to add to what has become a very talented squad of players at Compton Park.

Although financial fair play (FFP) rules will appear to be blown out of the water with this move, Jorge and Guo may have assured our man that with the new proposed Fosun shirt deal thought to be worth £10 billion over the next 10 seasons, in addition to income from live match streaming in China, in the last 12 months these have increased Wolves income, alleged planned TV streaming to 4 million new Chinese Wolfs watching each match on live TV in China signed up for 2018/2019 English Premier League season.
This been on top of the £1.48 Billion profits from Fosun International in 2017. Which will enable Fosun International to put money into the club via other Fosun International owned companies sponsorship of Wolves such as Thomas Cook and Club Med and in doing so making Wolves the Fosun International Flagship on the world football stage.

In addition to all that, Fosun’s Club Med resorts are encouraging all young holiday makers to join the new ‘Club Med Wolf Cub Packs’ at resorts throughout China. With over 500,000 holiday makers visiting Club Med Resorts worldwide each year this again is hoped to increase Wolves growing young supporter base in China and around the world.

Allegedly plans are already in place and Wolves will possibly be staying at an unnamed Club Med resort in China on their preseason ‘Chinese Football Extravaganza’ involving Wolves and several of the worlds top football clubs.

Our man outside O Paparico Restaurant in Porto is quoted as saying “Jorge and Guo are over the moon with progress over the last 20 months and they are both looking forward to restoring Wolves to the top of world football”.

Fosun International, the possibilities are endless."

I'm glad their reporter "court" up with them :angry-smiley-034:

What's more, it is belived that Fosun have attained FIFA clearance for 3487456, voted Footballer of the Year on the Planet Zog for the last three seasons, to make his Wolves debut next year. With Zog having a popualtion of 500bn and replica kit being the compulsory uniform, it is belived the deal could worth as much as £5tn to Wolves, enabling them to buy Manchester United and Real Madrid and use them a feeder clubs

Arriving to the Walcott debate late, but it's further proof of how a move to a big club too soon can ruin you. He was scary when he first arrived on the scene and was then ruined by one of the "big 4 managers", through either not playing him in the right position or from just not playing him at all. There are loads of examples of young players that moved to big clubs too soon - Zaha to United, Jack Rodwell to Man City, Scott Sinclair to Chelsea... I could go on. Marcus Rashford is slightly different in that he came through United's academy system, but there are pretty obvious warning signs already that his career is going to head the same way as someone like Walcott unless he moves to play more regularly. I'd love Rashford at Wolves (whether it's realistic is another matter).

It was mentioned on MOTD a few weeks back (by Alan Shearer, I think) that to move from Manchester United is to move down the food chain. I disagree. If we signed Rashford it would make shockwaves and people wouldn't get it - but if he plays 35 games here next season and scores 20 goals, rather than staying at United and making 20 sub appearances, I'd say that's a fairly successful move?

I was at that, I think it was his debut on the opening game of the season. Thankfully he only came on for about the last 5 minutes because he ripped us to shreds.

He was fast, but clueless. He was running us ragged, but didn't seem to know what to do when he got into dangerous areas.

I always thought Wenger was grooming him to take over from Henry and for whatever reason, it didn't work

Cant belieive Wenger let Giroud, Walcott, Alexis go..also Coquelin to some degree..shot himself in the foot

Giroud isn't top level, Chelsea have given him how many starts so far? 0 in the league is it? He's 31 now, take what you can for him, fair enough given you already own two strikers who are better than him.

Alexis was walking in the summer for nothing, got to take the money in that position given their season was already faltering.

Selling Walcott will not come back to haunt them.

Arriving to the Walcott debate late, but it's further proof of how a move to a big club too soon can ruin you. He was scary when he first arrived on the scene and was then ruined by one of the "big 4 managers", through either not playing him in the right position or from just not playing him at all. There are loads of examples of young players that moved to big clubs too soon - Zaha to United, Jack Rodwell to Man City, Scott Sinclair to Chelsea... I could go on. Marcus Rashford is slightly different in that he came through United's academy system, but there are pretty obvious warning signs already that his career is going to head the same way as someone like Walcott unless he moves to play more regularly. I'd love Rashford at Wolves (whether it's realistic is another matter).

It was mentioned on MOTD a few weeks back (by Alan Shearer, I think) that to move from Manchester United is to move down the food chain. I disagree. If we signed Rashford it would make shockwaves and people wouldn't get it - but if he plays 35 games here next season and scores 20 goals, rather than staying at United and making 20 sub appearances, I'd say that's a fairly successful move?

I don't think it's always a case of them going to a big club too soon and/or being neglected once there. Just as often, if not more so, I think there's a case of players being overhyped from a very small sample of games and such is the level of money/competitiveness at the big clubs they just hoover up these young lads off the back of very little evidence, just in case they do happen to fulfill that promise at some point, it's often a case of preventing that potential talent getting into the hands of a rival as much as wanting or needing that player themselves. So you end up with all these flash in the pan kids that probably just hit a bit of a purple patch but never really had the potential to play at the very top getting stockpiled by big clubs and thrust into the spotlight, then over the years as it transpires that they're not actually as good as everyone was making out they're dubbed failures and slowly drift back down to their natural level.

Look at Iorfa, people on here couldn't say enough good things about him when he first broke through, some were worried how long the club could keep him if they didn't get promoted, thought he'd perhaps have a future as an England player, couple of years later and he's just drifted away to nothing. Was he ever actually that good? The old adage of form/class is a telling one but when your sample to judge is so small it's difficult to tell which you're witnessing.

Giroud would be perfect for us. Good beard game as well.

Obviously he’s just joined Chelsea so it’s a non starter and he’d be looking way higher up the pecking order than Wolves. Gone to Chelsea to get the first team football he wasn’t getting at Arsenal. Not really getting in the team at Chelsea and you’d expect they will be spending more this summer. M

Might be the sort of end of the window loan you could get if we’ve strengthened well so are appealing and he’s not getting a look in at Chelsea.

Giroud would be perfect for us. Good beard game as well.

Obviously he’s just joined Chelsea so it’s a non starter and he’d be looking way higher up the pecking order than Wolves. Gone to Chelsea to get the first team football he wasn’t getting at Arsenal. Not really getting in the team at Chelsea and you’d expect they will be spending more this summer. M

Might be the sort of end of the window loan you could get if we’ve strengthened well so are appealing and he’s not getting a look in at Chelsea.

source.gif

He's a fantastic specimen of a man.

Not gonna happen though. The point really was that it was perfectly understandable why Arsenal would look to get rid of him when they already had Aubameyang and Lacazette.

I dont think he was fairly threated at Arsenal..much better then how he was used by Wenger as he has shown for France national team also

Why aren't Chelsea starting him then?

In fact why weren't any other top end clubs in for him either?

He's just not quite in that top tier of forwards really. Lovely footballer though, he'd be great in our system (in possession).

Because he is not better then Kane, Aguero, Lukaku and the Liverpool three is working fine

Should be starting over Morata though

Wolves have put the Neves thunderbastard in the goal of season vote.

They have started a new vote which is simply the greatest goal ever v the goal that was winning the previous vote (Neves v Sheff Utd).

Would add the vote but copying links on my phone seems to be a bastard today. Link is on the Wolves Twitter feed.

Back