• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

If anyone is interested The Debate -Live on Sky is discussing Wolves Ambition soon.

If anyone is interested The Debate -Live on Sky is discussing Wolves Ambition soon.
5 mins of Ian Wright talking about Uncle Jorge. At least he and Pearce think we will be top half.

They didn’t really state anything derogatory. Just said that with Mendes Wolves can get some big players in, which we as fans already know.

I normally like Saggers. Pissed me off tonight on talkshite though. Between him, Gabiddon and Holland, none of them understood FFP. Claiming we spent £16m on Neves so have definitely lost more than £23m this year and therefore breached FFP.

Then went on to claim this wasn’t fair on other clubs as it isn’t a level playing field. Yeah like the field is fucking level in the PL. Also insinuated we are paying the players via Mendes to avoid FFP and Covince them to stay.

The simple fact is that, even if that were true, which it patently isn't, it no longer matters. Same as it doesn't for other promoted clubs.

The simple fact is that, even if that were true, which it patently isn't, it no longer matters. Same as it doesn't for other promoted clubs.

Well they were claiming that Leicester and Bournemouth got fines for breaching the rules, and that the rules had changed now so that a points deduction is possible. They said they didn’t think the EFL would have the balls to do that anyway suggesting we will “get away with it”. All this when our MD has recently said they have no issues of breaching the rules.

You have to release some kind of predicted account at the end of the season to suggest you were within it (which we will be just, thanks to the summer sales and the fact we have loaned rather than bought), so that you can’t just spend crazy and then get away with it by balancing the books by PL income.

The Mendes stuff is tedious, but I get it's newsworthy from a talking point perspective. What I can't accept is the total lack of understanding from so many in the media of rudimentary football finance.

The Mendes stuff is tedious, but I get it's newsworthy from a talking point perspective. What I can't accept is the total lack of understanding from so many in the media of rudimentary football finance.

if they spoke about it with understanding it would limit the mileage of the story

they're taking a page from the book of 24 hour news cycles

Just discussing on Twitter, looks like Doc qualifies for homegrown.

He has to have played for three seasons or been at the club 36 months at the end of the season he turns 21. He’ll have been at the club 35 months, but 3 full seasons.

"All 20 Clubs must include eight Home Grown players out of a squad of 25 for the Premier League season.
A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21)"

Doc joined us when he was 18 I think so should fit that criteria

Depends on the technicality of when a season starts then. If it's July 1st as per transfers he doesn't qualify, if it's the league season then he does.

Depends on the technicality of when a season starts then. If it's July 1st as per transfers he doesn't qualify, if it's the league season then he does.
Would presume he would just have to be registered by the time the season starts, which he would have been.

A season doesn't start on the 1st July, the transfer window does. The season will have an official start from the first game played in August..

I'm sure he sneaks in as home-grown. This was brought up on a match day/ build up thread earlier in the season

Let them scrutinise. We clearly have nothing to hide, and it speaks to the fact that clubs in the PL are running scared that we are going to gatecrash the stranglehold that a select group of clubs have on the success gravy train...

Good article. It seems that we have been very smart when it comes to staying within the rules. Everyone knows we acquired our recent crop of star signings through the Gestifute connection, but Mendes has clearly outsourced contracts to lawyers like Andy Quinn and the Spanish agent, so that there is no conflict of interest when the League investigates and sees that our owners Fosun are sourcing players through these "independent" agents. Hence, we are compliant with the rules and there are no charges to face. Of course other clubs owners and fans are pissed off cos they didn't think of it sooner but who cares?

After some of the dodgy stuff that's happened in the PL with the likes of Portsmouth, Blackpool and Blackburn, I am delighted to see that we are making the loopholes work for us.

We've been incredible clever here tbh.

Back