• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Would be dead funny if they went all Greenpeace on this. Chain themselves to the doors and JCB's..

Wasn't it more of a student pub anyway?

The Wanderer was a dump but surely the club could renovate it and make it into a more welcoming place for fans to use? Car parking is plentiful around the stadium anyway.

To what end, though? There's hardly a pub shortage in Wolverhampton city centre. Many of them might be rubbish but the Wanderer has failed because there is no place for it. Because of where it is, it is never likely to pull in much trade on non-matchdays, so the club would have to prop it up and take the financial hit in the process - all so a crappy pub can be made a bit less crappy, when there are already tons of alternatives of varying quality.

The Wanderer was a dump but surely the club could renovate it and make it into a more welcoming place for fans to use? Car parking is plentiful around the stadium anyway.

What to add to the once a fortnight WV1?

Not that I think Wolves should try and be pub landlords....but how is he bar that Villa took over doing?

It'd be no more or less profitable than the once a fortnight matchday car park.

They will rent the space out in the week. Look how the main car park is used Mon-Fri.

The North Bank car park was always full while i was at University, no reason they can't open this new one up the rest of the week either, much lower overheads than a pub too.

The North Bank car park was always full while i was at University, no reason they can't open this new one up the rest of the week either, much lower overheads than a pub too.

They might end up renting it to Marston's during the week. They're renovating their building next year and it's uncertain how much of the existing car parking will be available in the meantime (they'll be based at Coniston House temporarily). Spots are at a premium as it is.

Not that I think Wolves should try and be pub landlords....but how is he bar that Villa took over doing?

The Holte Pub is now open on match days and for private hire.

Shame that it didn't take off, to be fair they gave it five years and tried different offers but it is just too out of the way for a non match day for most of us.

Still a glorious building to behold in my ever so humble opinion!

So kept open as a minor gesture then.

Yup. No-one wants to drink in Aston during the week (unless you're unfortunate enough to live there). No-one who works in Wolves is going to make a special trip to that end of town to drink in the Wanderer.

It'd be no more or less profitable than the once a fortnight matchday car park.

How much does it cost to maintain a car park compared to a pub? What's the rates on a pub compared to a car park? What staff do you require for a car park vs a pub? What is the heating and electricity bill on a car par?

Also ideal for parking for gigs at the civic/wulfrun etc.
Knock the fucker down quicktime!

I particularly like the E&S's term 'landmark pub'. I suppose it's true in that the Fox Hotel was a 'landmark hotel'.

Back