• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Boly is superb on the left, biggest failing since promotion is that he hasn’t played there more often.

He was on the left for all of 19/20. Last season he started on the left but played most games on the right I would say.

This season he has played pretty much every game in a back three on the right til Monday.

In fact mostly left until we finally jettisoned Bennett last season

Well deserved for his England form alone. Bet he doesn`t play him though.

£40m loss (if I read right :D)

It is important to note that, had broadcast revenues from suspended matchdays not been deferred, the club would have achieved a small profit for the year, even with the permanent loss of matchday revenues for the final five home games of the season.

Despite Europe, only a 'small profit' would've been made if the TV money wasn't deferred, that surprises me tbh, considering the net transfer spend was about £40m. I'd have expected more profit than that, though that's not really based on much.

I suppose turning the Jimenez and Donck deals permanent would have been about £45m in itself? Then you've got the spending on Cutrone, Neto, Jordao and Shabani.

Cavaleiro and Costa money comes in the following year I guess?

I suppose turning the Jimenez and Donck deals permanent would have been about £45m in itself? Then you've got the spending on Cutrone, Neto, Jordao and Shabani.

Cavaleiro and Costa money comes in the following year I guess?

Player fees are amortised over the lifetime of the contract so if the £45m is right then you can divide by 4 for a 4 year contract.

Despite Europe, only a 'small profit' would've been made if the TV money wasn't deferred, that surprises me tbh, considering the net transfer spend was about £40m. I'd have expected more profit than that, though that's not really based on much.

That doesn't take into accounts the corporate or matchday revenues and we don't know which items have been capitalised without looking through the accounts. It may well be a good year to bury bad losses as the saying goes.

£63m profit on player sales have been recorded so far for this financial year (2020/21 not 2019/20)

£83m spent on new players so divide that by the length of their contracts for this financial years' amount.

Back