• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I think we should just think of the Liverpool game as the end of the season and the remaining games as pre-pre season

I know there is little chance of us going down, but once its mathematical if I were Wolves I'd field kids, Ruddy/Coady/MGW etc for the last 3/4 games. Swallow any fine we get for it and let the overseas staff go off and see their families.

I know there is little chance of us going down, but once its mathematical if I were Wolves I'd field kids, Ruddy/Coady/MGW etc for the last 3/4 games. Swallow any fine we get for it and let the overseas staff go off and see their families.
Be interesting to see what Nuno does after the Liverpool game with the squad. Might be a more solid chance to work on a couple of things for a few days or he might just give them that week off (what they can do with that is more the problem I guess)

Whats the difference in prize money for finishing 15th v 10th or so.

Maybe a little bit of cash playing into things as well. Normally a few million wouldn't make much difference but with no fans etc maybe a little bit of pressure on that side of things

Whats the difference in prize money for finishing 15th v 10th or so.

Maybe a little bit of cash playing into things as well. Normally a few million wouldn't make much difference but with no fans etc maybe a little bit of pressure on that side of things
£2m per place

So pretty hefty then if we manage to climb a couple of places versus falling a couple then

From the clubs perspective yes. I doubt the players will be too fussed though, Nuno maybe

From the clubs perspective yes. I doubt the players will be too fussed though, Nuno maybe
My question was more on the clubs view and of course if that is their view, then Nuno has to share it

No fines no. Teams can pick who they want from their squad. If we played U18s there might be an issue but we won’t do that.

The players and staff will have all summer to see their families. I mean, I don’t even know if any of them bar Nuno don’t live with their families here anyway.

All the players to my knowledge, bar Neves (and Jose), are living with family anyway. And it’s only really special circumstances that have meant Neves isn’t. Maybe they are using the international break as a time to reunite? Maybe that’s been the plan all along?

So I think the “send them home and see their families” is for one unnecessary as they are pretty much all with their families, and also OTT for the sake of 2-3 weeks at the end of the season. The Covid landscape will may be different by then anyway and some restrictions may be eased.

We are probably going to finish 11th at best and 14th at worst. So we’re probably talking +/- £2m on our current position. I don’t think rotating our squad or changing shape will make too much difference to what happens there. It’s not like we are pulling up trees as it is. I actually think it will make us better!

Worst case scenario, What is going to be more useful? An extra £2m stinking the place out, pissing off fans more, scraping results in the same manner. Or potentially finding a way to earn an extra £10m in prize money next year (as well as the increased revenue from other streams that brings), not have to pay your manager off 2.5yrs compensation, not overspend on players on loan you don’t know enough about (or not buy potential gems), not know which players you need to kick on in a new system, if that new system is any good, if a new system is even necessary or just refine the current one.

Tbf the club/manager probably know all they need on Vitinha/MGW/RAN/Jose, what we know or think is irrelevant. But bedding in a new system or making the current one more attacking will certainly be useful for everyone.

But from a selfish point of view I just want wolves to be more entertaining to watch sooner rather than later.

I'm not sure the staff need to see the loan players to play games to know how good they are. They'll have a really good feel for their quality from all the training sessions they do. Unless they have Corica sized hearts of course

I'm not sure the staff need to see the loan players to play games to know how good they are. They'll have a really good feel for their quality from all the training sessions they do. Unless they have Corica sized hearts of course
Which is exactly what I just said!

No Adama in Spain squad. Not to say he deserves to be, but might be a bit of a kick up the arse for him to keep him motivated for the rest of the season.

I presume Spain have no El Pope to call up since they have added Brighton's keeper to the squad

Back