• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Yeah, but he did cost that so there you go.

Throwing Corbeanu in isn't going to solve anything. He isn't even a striker.

Seydou Keita: “I was heavily criticized in Mali when I told them to not pursuit the service of Adama Traore. Because clearly he didn't want to play for us. I told the federation board that he is not that special. Soon he will fall out of form and his country of choice will omit him from their squad because in Europe they believe in consistent performances. Look now he has been omitted by Spanish national team, he is out of favor. Over 20 matches at Club level, zero goals and zero assists. 3 liters of oil wasted in his arms. I always tell the Mali board to bring players who are patriots, not big headed spoiled players. "
Scathing stuff.

Yeah, but he did cost that so there you go.

Throwing Corbeanu in isn't going to solve anything. He isn't even a striker.
He hasn't played there for us much yet but he has all the attributes to be a striker.

Raul was shoved out wide by Benfica and they couldn't have been more wrong and I think Corbeanu is similar in build and style to Raul.

For the moment I'd like to think Corbeanu could come on for Adama/ Neto and get minutes in that inside forward position.

For the moment I'd like to think Corbeanu could come on for Adama/ Neto and get minutes in that inside forward position.
When are we ever going to do that though, we're hardly ever winning a game comfortably, if we're one up, level or chasing a game then we are not going to take either of those off for a completely untried kid unless they're injured or completely knackered. With good cause.

Nuno rarely puts someone on for the sake of it anyway (unless you have been the third choice keeper on the last day of the season :D )

When are we ever going to do that though, we're hardly ever winning a game comfortably, if we're one up, level or chasing a game then we are not going to take either of those off for a completely untried kid unless they're injured or completely knackered. With good cause.
Neto has frequently looked knackered of late and as we've got nothing to play for this season now is the perfect opportunity to do this.

That Nuno doesn't is one of his failings.

Vitinha being lauded for his performance for 21s. Still don’t understand if he’s as good as people on here have said, what other people have said etc. Then why has he had so little game time?

Cavallini looks like the answer to Wolves' goalscoring issues. Sign him up, ready made song for him as well
Careful what you say about Vancouver Whitecaps players, Alphonso Davies has surprised many by his rapid rise! (I realize you were being sarcastic given his performance!)

Vitinha being lauded for his performance for 21s. Still don’t understand if he’s as good as people on here have said, what other people have said etc. Then why has he had so little game time?
We probably wanted to develop Vitinha and Fabio in a similar way but the Raul injury has stuffed that plan. It’s probably we have seen more of Fabio than was planned rather than less of Vitinha than planned.

Just been watching the Portugal game back.

They had plenty of possession a Croatia sat off them and tried to make it difficult. Vitinha was pretty good though. What is interesting about him is that for someone with a lot of guile and technical ability, he's very efficient with his use of the ball. Doesn't give it way cheaply, and when he does look to play a creative/riskier action it's usually pinpoint. Nuno has repeatedly said he is very talented and that they have been working with him to develop other areas of his game such as his defensive work (Nuno often refers to duels regarding him). I'd still be buying him and RAN, providing it doesn't wreck our transfer budget.

Florentino Luis was pretty solid I thought. Bit eager to go to ground with his tackles at times but he's a strong boy and his passing is decent enough. Would not surprise me at all if he came in on loan with an option to buy.

Still want us to go Goncalvo Ignacio. Nuno Mendes is probably out of our reach although the name would be perfect!

I like that Vitinha is always very positive and looking to turn and play a forward pass. That is in the little I've seen of him any way. As long as he has protection behind him he could be a very good creative midfielder.

Full 90 for Boly in a three nil win against Niger.

I think he'll be the one that we will definitely sign of our loan players. I can see us wanting to set him up as heir apparent to Moutinho

I don't see how anyone can have a well formed opinion on Vitinha either way. I don't think Nuno trusts him in a 343 so either the formation needs to change or he needs to gain that trust. If the news around a limited budget is true I wouldn't spend £20m of it on him if it meant we couldn't get one of the 3 players for the positions we have all identified that we need. If that's not the case then fine.

Back