• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Just noticed that the Graham Hughes is closed for remedial works for the Spurs and United games. Shambles.

Just noticed that the Graham Hughes is closed for remedial works for the Spurs and United games. Shambles.
Presume something was spotted when the safety cert was being renewed which would have happened in the last few weeks

Looks like the end of last season it would have been inspected although that isn’t entirely clear.

Going to be a right bunfight for 800 fewer tickets for normal members at 10am on Wednesday.

Looks like the end of last season it would have been inspected although that isn’t entirely clear.

Going to be a right bunfight for 800 fewer tickets for normal members at 10am on Wednesday.
Fuck me, what a bunch of amateurs.
All the talk of getting as many through the door as possible (and ripping us off in the process) then they fuck up like this.

Fuck me, what a bunch of amateurs.
All the talk of getting as many through the door as possible (and ripping us off in the process) then they fuck up like this.
How do we know they have fucked up?
If something has only just been found or infact happened what can they do. Are we so wrapped up in having a pop at the club right now (some things justified of course) that anything is fair game. We have zero clue what the work is, when it came to light etc. Fair to say, if this was something that was known I highly doubt they would have left it and then gone "fuck! the season starts next week...SHIT"

Obviously if someone can 100% show this was a stupid fuck up then I retract the above and agree with your statement...

The fixtures have been out for ages, Wolves aren't able to sell tickets for a stand because it needs work on it. The issue clearly wasn't identified in a timely manner was it, else it'd be sorted for the Spurs game, but it isn't.

The fixtures have been out for ages, Wolves aren't able to sell tickets for a stand because it needs work on it. The issue clearly wasn't identified in a timely manner was it, else it'd be sorted for the Spurs game, but it isn't.
Maybe parts required can't be sourced by the the company doing the work as the country buying from are in lockdown/short on staff. Maybe stuck in customs due to Brexit/Covid.

We have zero clue on what the issues/problems/reasons are but it just seems wrong to instantly say "club fuck up"

Maybe parts required can't be sourced by the the company doing the work as the country buying from are in lockdown/short on staff. Maybe stuck in customs due to Brexit/Covid.

We have zero clue on what the issues/problems/reasons are but it just seems wrong to instantly say "club fuck up"
17 months since the last time that stand was used, so someone somewhere clearly didn't their job properly to ensure that it could be used for the 1st game back. It's amateur.

It's like not using your car for 6 months, then the day before you are about to drive to Glasgow, you check your car over and notice that you have a puncture, shit...i haven't got time to get a new tire now, i won't be able to go.

17 months since the last time that stand was used, so someone somewhere clearly didn't their job properly to ensure that it could be used for the 1st game back. It's amateur.
Again, we have zero clue what the issue is. The stand is temp one and exposed, maybe something happened during a spell of bad weather.
As the stand will be checked for its safety cert by the Council, maybe they found something that came after the last inspection or maybe the last planned inspection was cancelled as the people who do it couldn't come out. Maybe they were doing a repair and found a bigger problem....so again, we have zero clue so going to "club fuck up" or "amateur" is wrong without further information

Na bollocks. They've had almost a year and a half since our last game, so in your scenarios they haven't been maintaining it, or haven't booked in the safety inspection with plenty of time to sort out any problem that may have arisen. It's a club fuck up AND amateur.

I wonder which other clubs will have part of their ground shut for their first game of the season.

Na bollocks. They've had almost a year and a half since our last game, so in your scenarios they haven't been maintaining it, or haven't booked in the safety inspection with plenty of time to sort out any problem that may have arisen. It's a club fuck up AND amateur.

I wonder which other clubs will have part of their ground shut for their first game of the season.
Fulham, still not finished their stand despite a year of no one going near it...(not serious on this one btw)
Sutton had to move their 2 home games to away games as they still haven't sorted out putting in a grass pitch after promotion back in May...
lets not forget Spurs managing to mess up their Stadium opening on time. Was that nearly a year late?

On our issue
1) No clue of the maintanence program
2) No clue when the Council come out to do safety certs. Usually done June time ahead of the new season but might be different in Covid World
3) Still no clue what the issue is
4) No clue when the issue was found
5) No clue what is required to fix the issue
6) No clue if bits required to fix the issue are causing a problem

So essentially guess work and the easy option to blame the club (and I say this as a poster who has tried to make as many Vinny jokes as possible in the last 2 weeks).

Last edited:
What we do know is that the last time that stand was used was March 2020, it's now August 2021 and it can't be used in "Cat A" games against Spurs and United.

Making apologies for the club in that situation is beyond me particularly when they are so eager to push costs on to the fans, but are too inept to make sure as many as those fans can attend as possible.

Back