• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

O
Making apologies for the club in that situation is beyond me
Not making apologies at all but I can't blame them for things I have zero knowledge on and think "they are charging a fortune for tickets therefore they have fucked up, the amateurs"

if someone can share the information on what is wrong, when it was found & why it hasn't been sorted I may join you in getting angry at the biggest mystery since black socks replaced the official ones but until then I can't and I think its wrong for others to assume the reason and blame.

Na bollocks. They've had almost a year and a half since our last game, so in your scenarios they haven't been maintaining it, or haven't booked in the safety inspection with plenty of time to sort out any problem that may have arisen. It's a club fuck up AND amateur.

I wonder which other clubs will have part of their ground shut for their first game of the season.
If it's anything like the real world there wouldn't have been any council inspections, unless it could be done over the phone. We've had no garage safety inspections since the start of lockdown because of Covid. These safety people have been keeping "safe". It's entirely possible that an inspection has been done this week for the first time in 18 months, and something has failed the inspection.
It's moot though as i doubt there will be a full house for a while at Molineux, meaning the GH stand can be covered by sitting somewhere else.

Whatever metric you use this is pretty poor management, given where we are and how long we have had to plan.

Whatever metric you use this is pretty poor management, given where we are and how long we have had to plan.
But we have no idea how long they have had to plan do we. Unless we are now expecting the club to plan for things that could go wrong, have advanced knowledge of how the world will work under Covid and have the ability to correct a problem before its known.

Happy to change my stance and say I am wildy wrong if a reason from the club can be found for why the work on the stand is delaying its use for 2 games

O

Not making apologies at all but I can't blame them for things I have zero knowledge on and think "they are charging a fortune for tickets therefore they have fucked up, the amateurs"
Eh? That isn't what i've said is it? Them charging so much is just another part of it. This idea that you think i'm just moaning for the sake of it is annoying too. I think it's poor that we can't get as many fans in the ground as possible for that game v Spurs or United, don't you?

And you do have knowledge, they have known when the start of our season starts for months but have failed to ensure 800 extra fans can attend, those are the facts, so someone somewhere has fucked up, clearly they haven't made sure there was enough time for the works to be completed before our first home game just like my crappy car analogy.

There's no statutory period for Sports Ground Safety Certificate applications, Councils can literally take as long as they want. They also consult with police, ambulance and fire services in regards the application. There's at least 4 parties beyond Wolves control who may have held up the sign off.

Also, there are no other sports grounds under the jurisdiction of Wolverhampton Council so there is no way of knowing if anyone else would have had the same problems with them recently.

I'm guessing it's possible to know what these safety inspectors look for before they turn up?
As far as we know it could not even be something to do with the Saftey cert. Something could have failed after it was given and would easily explain the lateness of the work.

Go on then @MARKakaJIM explain to me what is so funny, we both work in the construction industry and know when it comes to handover/witnessing and practical completion what is required with building control and or the issue of safety certificates. We also know that working to deadlines is what drives everything.

I'm guessing it's possible to know what these safety inspectors look for before they turn up?
Yes, but believe me, no-one on this planet can guess what a safety inspector could fail. They are a law unto themselves. It could be some rusty(on the outside) bolts that he wants them all taken out to look at, or some flaky concrete that needs chopping through to see if it's failed internally.

There's no statutory period for Sports Ground Safety Certificate applications, Councils can literally take as long as they want. They also consult with police, ambulance and fire services in regards the application. There's at least 4 parties beyond Wolves control who may have held up the sign off.

Also, there are no other sports grounds under the jurisdiction of Wolverhampton Council so there is no way of knowing if anyone else would have had the same problems with them recently.
It's a wonder that anyone is ever able to attend a football match ever then isn't, if it is as flakey as you make out.

And you do have knowledge, they have known when the start of our season starts for months but have failed to ensure 800 extra fans can attend, those are the facts, so someone somewhere has fucked up, clearly they haven't made sure there was enough time for the works to be completed before our first home game just like my crappy car analogy.
but we have no clue what the issue is do we.
I can't show any proof of the issues so can't say why work on it means a closure for 2 games. If you or anyone else can provide something that shows otherwise that would be great.
It is annoying 800 or so fans wont get in but without any facts I just think its poor to instantly blame the club that is all

But we have no idea how long they have had to plan do we. Unless we are now expecting the club to plan for things that could go wrong, have advanced knowledge of how the world will work under Covid and have the ability to correct a problem before its known.

Happy to change my stance and say I am wildy wrong if a reason from the club can be found for why the work on the stand is delaying its use for 2 games
Hmm, there was always a strong likelihood that fans would be back this season. This was the aim even in darkest Jan/Feb with the vaccination roll out,

Presumably with it being a temporary stand there are requirements for periodic inspections. A bit of prudent management would have brought that forward to prevent an issue

Its like me booking my UK holiday the day we were allowed to travel and finding the places I want to go to are fully booked as everyone else has booked ahead.

I'm not going to wail or gnash my teeth but you can't escape the fact that someones been caught asleep at the wheel on this one.

I'm ignorant of any facts, I just find it suprising that this has happened. Well run clubs don't usually have stands they aren't allowed to use.

Blues being the perfect example.

What I would ask is...the stand is, by its very nature, temporary isn't it? So if it's borked can we not move it out of that corner and hire another one for a month off the shelf until it's fixed? It's just one of those crappy ones you get at golf tournaments, there aren't any amenities there, you don't need to change any of the access.

I'm ignorant of any facts, I just find it suprising that this has happened. Well run clubs don't usually have stands they aren't allowed to use.

Blues being the perfect example.
Every body is mate you just had the balls to admit it rather than jump to a knee jerk reaction

Not sure I agree that's it totally outside the clubs control. Feels like a maintenance / observation issue?

I'm not going to wail or gnash my teeth but you can't escape the fact that someones been caught asleep at the wheel on this one.
Have they? A fact or opinion?

All I am saying is until someone says what the actual problem is and why it is being done in late August it is essentially guesswork and the easy option to fire blame in one direction.
From my understanding of the Safety Certs (and that is minimal) the club have to carry out inspections throughout the year as part of the renewal of said cert the following year. So for the renewal we would have had to shown proof of the inspections throughout the period.

What I would ask is...the stand is, by its very nature, temporary isn't it? So if it's borked can we not move it out of that corner and hire another one for a month off the shelf until it's fixed? It's just one of those crappy ones you get at golf tournaments, there aren't any amenities there, you don't need to change any of the access.
Would still take time to procure, arrange installation, book crane, dismantle, install new.

The stands just probably just missing a bolt from some where and they're struggling to procure that.

Back