• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Go on then @MARKakaJIM explain to me what is so funny, we both work in the construction industry and know when it comes to handover/witnessing and practical completion what is required with building control and or the issue of safety certificates. We also know that working to deadlines is what drives everything.
I also know how wank it is to deal with local authorities and service providers where things are out of your control. You make an application and they generally take however long they fancy to decide what they need to do, when they're going to get round to do it and how long it'll take to finally complete.

Anything involving highways is usually the worst for this, getting section agreements in place can take best part of 12 months even for relatively straight forward works. Add in relocation of services or maybe a street light, heaven forbid a bus stop, and you're in for a world of pain as everyone has something else to complain about and obstruct one another with.

That's all without covid interference too, we had a project take over 25 weeks to gain planning approval last year, they're meant to be decided in half that time! We'd even paid some sort of extra fee to guarantee priority in the process but they were cancelling planning meetings and having issues with remote ones.

End of the day, you can't control everything.

What I would ask is...the stand is, by its very nature, temporary isn't it? So if it's borked can we not move it out of that corner and hire another one for a month off the shelf until it's fixed? It's just one of those crappy ones you get at golf tournaments, there aren't any amenities there, you don't need to change any of the access.
The GH stand took nearly a month to install when that was added, so probably looking at same time period with the removal of the borked one then getting the Council for their shizzle so unless its beyond repair stick with what you have

Do like how he calls angry comments as "feedback"

Also wish he wouldn't sign off with a "thanks...Vinny" Looks wanky....now I can get angry at that shit
It also means they read twitter and listen to responses.

Not sure if that's a good or bad thing

Innocent until proven guilty etc, but it strikes me as unlikely that somebody's not fucked up, or at least been careless

Have they? A fact or opinion?

All I am saying is until someone says what the actual problem is and why it is being done in late August it is essentially guesswork and the easy option to fire blame in one direction.
From my understanding of the Safety Certs (and that is minimal) the club have to carry out inspections throughout the year as part of the renewal of said cert the following year. So for the renewal we would have had to shown proof of the inspections throughout the period.

I wouldn't imagine the permanent stands need renewing each year as long as there are no changes.

Perhaps I expect better management than to allow a cert to expire before checking in sufficient time that it is still going to pass.

Its not guess work nor conjecture to state that we have a stand that is closed and that the management have failed to ensure it is open in time for the season.

I wouldn't imagine the permanent stands need renewing each year as long as there are no changes.

Perhaps I expect better management than to allow a cert to expire before checking in sufficient time that it is still going to pass.

Its not guess work nor conjecture to state that we have a stand that is closed and that the management have failed to ensure it is open in time for the season.

The club statement doesn't read like the safety certificate has expired to me, more like the provider of the stand performs periodic inspections, say like you would with scaffold, and it's failed one of those so Wolves have closed it until it's fixed.

Christ I've just read that Vinny message, Goebbels would have been proud of that trite, bit light on actual fakts there Binny.

That's another thing too, a non league club will throw up a temp stand in a few days for a high profile FA cup game, we are taking 6 weeks (ish) to repair our existing temporary stand.

You'd think they'd throw a fair bit of money at it as it will generate about 50-60k of revenue to have it operational.

Last edited:
Another thing to consider is that the external agency guy who checked it last time could have missed whatever it failed on this time. I've seen that before, and no amount of " you missed it" will get them to change their minds on it.
I've seen plenty of times the MOT guy misses something then fails it on a retest.

The really odd thing is it looks like that statement has come out via wolves fancast

Unless I'm being thick I can't find the original source so am assuming wolves fancast IS the source.

That's weird, right?

You'd think they'd throw a fair bit of money at it as it will generate about 50-60k of revenue to have it opoperational
Maybe the issue isn't one that can be solved by simply throwing money at it. I'm fairly sure if the club could they would, especially in a period where they are openly trying to drag every last £ out of the fans

I wonder if the the vinny 'statement' was just an email that's been published?

It's also fairly naughty that they're using 'ask wolves' official imagery and even the wolves badge, like they're trying to make it look like it's official or in partnership with the club?

Also, that fancast/Vinny statement contradicts the statement on the website that says the inspection made last year was when they identified the issues.

If that highlighted bit is true then WWFC alone is to blame for leaving it till now to do the work. I can't think of an excuse (Apart from locusts, earthquake, flood, suit didn't come back from the cleaners etc) that could mitigate them not doing it sooner.

Back