• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

If Fosun use the wolves branding for a successful eSports team in their homeland then it won't matter how the football club do.

I think Fosun are trying to repurpose our brand and I don't like it.
To play devils advocate, why even buy the football club if that's the outcome?

Interesting points. Wonder how it works with other sports? I’ve got a New York Yankees cap. I’ve never even watched baseball before, but happily wear that without a thought.

I don’t see how esports gets us more advertising revenue? Do they even play in a wolves shirt with ‘man x bet on it’?

Interesting points. Wonder how it works with other sports? I’ve got a New York Yankees cap. I’ve never even watched baseball before, but happily wear that without a thought.
Much like shirt sales for those items of merchandise.

The Yankees license out manufacture for a fee and also license the logo to manufacturers.

The logo belongs to the club.

The difference being that the owners of the Yankees don't have a separate arm of eSports team under a different ownership using the Yankees logo.

Famous folks made the Yankees logo a wearable fashion icon. I guess Fosun want to do that with the Wolves branding. But mainly in China.

Fosun have different brands to do the things you've suggested already.

I'm not sure why they didn't buy an athletic clothing brand as well as Wolves as that would kill two birds.
I mean they did say that Red Bull was the model didn't they, so it wouldn't surprise me if at some point the bought out something like an energy drink with Wolves branding (or any other consumer product) Even without the on pitch success that's sexier than a drink with Fosun on it isn't it.

If say that energy drink then became massive in China, could it then sponsor the football team here? It's like the Red Bull model done in reverse.

It makes sense as obviously companies have to spend on advertising regardless, if you can spend the money advertising with a business you already own, in turn increasing the success of that business, which in turn increases the prestige of the brand, it all becomes circular doesn't it.

But...the brand is useless if we are in the Championship.

The club still owns the brand, when the day comes that they sell us, they can't take the brand with them

The club still owns the brand, when the day comes that they sell us, they can't take the brand with them
Do you think the people that follow the new eSports team in China care how a provincial English club are doing?

Do you think the people that follow the new eSports team in China care how a provincial English club are doing?
They probably don't, but I'd imagine that advertisers would. If we got relegated a big chunk of our "exposure" would be lost.

Yeah I get what your saying, but if loads of Chinese kids are buying a Wolves Energy or other branded wolves stuff because their favourite E Sports team are Wolves, it doesn't particularly matter how well the football club is doing does it, it won't be the main thing they associate Wolves the brand with.

This is the bit that makes me think how are they ever going to sell us if they start making serious money from all the other stuff they are sticking the Wolves brand on.

Well if sponsors are for the eSports team then that money doesn't go to Wolves the football club does it.
Actually, Wolves eSports are owned by wolves I would think? Are they not?

It's Fosun who have invested in things like EvilGenius etc. No idea where sponsorship for these teams ends up but probably with Fosun, I think these deals are more around wolves brand exposure though.

But back to the point, sponsorship from people like ManBet, Manscaping etc would be paid to Wolves.

I thought this EvilGenius shit was going to get the eSports account a load more exposure and followers. The following is still at 12k which is still incredibly small fry. I don't get the point of it, it doesn't benefit the football team what so ever.

Actually, Wolves eSports are owned by wolves I would think? Are they not?

It's Fosun who have invested in things like EvilGenius etc. No idea where sponsorship for these teams ends up but probably with Fosun, I think these deals are more around wolves brand exposure though.

But back to the point, sponsorship from people like ManBet, Manscaping etc would be paid to Wolves.
You need to read the article again Andy, it's Fosun Sports Group that own Wolves eSports.

Back