• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

So Fosun paid £20m and invested further £10m's because they liked the badge?

I'm not sure I buy that when branding agencies are a thing.
That misses the point Andy. They'd treble their investment in the team if they sold us now. That job is done as long as they keep PL status.

As for the Esports thing i personally couldn't care less about that, like most other Wolves fans. But Fosun, being an incredibly smart company will know their markets. And their primary market will be Asia. They will know that the brand they own ( Wolves, and the badge) is a way of spreading the brand, with the end game of corporate investment into it, which will mean money down the line for the team.
It's never a quick game, and i doubt they ever look at anything as a short term.

At least. But you would factor that into the sale price if you are that way inclined.

The value is sticking that badge on product across a huge variety of markets.

Don't wolves still owe Fosun somewhere between £50m-£100m?
It was £90m in loans as of the last accounts.

If they're directors loans they'll be paid out on club sale and are just another form of credit.

A lot of conglomerates have Luxembourg subsidiaries. Tax reasons. I spent three months working in Luxembourg for Anglo American 17 years ago.

The eSports thing is completely irrelevant isn't it? Like getting worked up about the women's team taking priority over the men's team or expecting it to provide some sort of cash windfall. What are you people going on about?

Thanks. I took a quick look at the publicly available records at Companies House. There were two filings on 11 Feb 2020, one was the cessation of control by Fosun International and the other was Mr Guo Guanchang being registered as the person with significant control. Although the filings were only made on 11 Feb 2020, the two changes were made on 21 July 2016.

Though reading the latest annual report, it says "Through the year, the group was under the ownership of Fosun International Holdings Limited, with ultimate ownership of Chairman Guo Guangchang as majority shareholder of Fosun International Holdings Limited"

So I guess the changes in significant control of Wolves is because Guo has significant control of Fosun.

In Hong Kong most teams are written with characters that sound as close to the city name as possible, so Manchester is 4 characters that sounds like ‘man-tse-see-da’. But the Wolves are ‘a pack of wolves’ instead of the city name. Which I always thought was very cool.

Bit of a shame that crank didn't win his copyright claim now isn't it? that would've fucked the masterplan.

I still don't see being midtable fodder being sufficient to catapult the eSports.

The eSports thing is completely irrelevant isn't it? Like getting worked up about the women's team taking priority over the men's team or expecting it to provide some sort of cash windfall. What are you people going on about?
It is. Hence why I didn’t understand why it was on the Wolves website.

But then some people seem to think it’s taking money away from investment in Wolves - it isn’t as they aren’t investing anything anyway.

Then others are saying how it’s going to make Wolves loads of money - it isn’t.

In Hong Kong most teams are written with characters that sound as close to the city name as possible, so Manchester is 4 characters that sounds like ‘man-tse-see-da’. But the Wolves are ‘a pack of wolves’ instead of the city name. Which I always thought was very cool.

That tallies, my dad told me very early doors Fosun dropped Wolverhampton pretty much from the off it was to be always Wolves.

It is. Hence why I didn’t understand why it was on the Wolves website.

But then some people seem to think it’s taking money away from investment in Wolves - it isn’t as they aren’t investing anything anyway.

Then others are saying how it’s going to make Wolves loads of money - it isn’t.
Nobody's said it's taking away investment in Wolves

Not saying it has on here. But it’s been said amongst the fan base on Twitter etc.
Odd not to reference that in the first place Punts.

Made it read as though people on here had said it.

Back