• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Nuno has made the likes of Eliaquim Mangala and Nicolas Otamendi look like proper centerhalves, Doc look like a proper wingback, and Traore a proper world beater.

I think you're bang on, Van.

Let me quote what I actually said rather than TT's conveniently shortened version:

"Luke Matheson is very impressive as a human being as well as his ability on the football pitch. Put all that together with Nuno's coaching and Wolves have a tremendous star in the making. "

I've highlighted the missing piece which has been conveniently overlooked. When we first brought in Traore, many thought he was a useless acquisition. But look at what Nun's coaching has made of him. I would hesitate to cast such a negative view of what Nuno has achieved and can achieve. Nuno doesn't "punt." He coaches for success and he has a vision that spots talent even when some fans don't.

What impresses me about Nuno and his team - and I admit I get impatient at times - is that they sign players with a clear vision of what they want from them. Yes, of course, some won't work out, like Patrick, but when you see the improvement in Doc, Coady, and Adama - to name just three - it's clear what they can achieve with the right player. I'm hugely excited for Matheson (with the attitude he seems to have) - and equally hugely disappointed in MGW that he doesn't seem to see the opportunity in front of him

Anyone know when baby Jimenez is due? Just wondered if we’re likely to loose Raul for a match if she drops during the season? I’m presuming it was all planned for off season so Mexico appeared on the place of birth instead of New Cross.

Anyone know when baby Jimenez is due? Just wondered if we’re likely to loose Raul for a match if she drops during the season? I’m presuming it was all planned for off season so Mexico appeared on the place of birth instead of New Cross.
It's July and will be in season so depends on how close to a game it is.

Final 3 are

v Burnley (a) Wed 15th July 8pm ko
v Palace (h) Sat 18th July 3pm ko
v Chelsea (a) Sun 26th July 3pm ko

Nothing set in stone for dates/times/TV channel

v Olympiakos (h) Wed 5th August 8pm ko

No TV channels yet

v Olympiakos (h) Wed 5th August 8pm ko

No TV channels yet
That date or the venue isn't confirmed. It's the 5th or 6th. Will be at Molineux depending on UEFA's view on our Covid situation and the UK and Greek policy on quarantine.

It'll be on BT.

The last three haven't been announced yet. Everyone is Wednesday 8pm Saturday 3pm. Everyone WILL be Sunday at the same time if it is the same as previous seasons, so BBC will have one last day game, and I suspect Amazon will hang on to two picks until that day as they have spares in hand.

Just saw last nights results.

Unbelievable Jeff only 2 points from 4th and 3 from 3rd
What a time to be alive

Back