• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

POTS Neves
Most improved Bueno
Biggest disappointment Nunes
Best signing Dawson. I think without him we’d have been entering squeaky bum time.
Worst Guedes
Most underrated Semedo, based on some way over the top negative assessments of his performances.

POTS: Neves
Most improved: Bueno
Biggest disappointment: Raul
Best signing: Lemina
Worst signing: Guedes (x10,000)
Most underrated: Podence (Awaiting pelters, haha)

Most underrated: Podence (Awaiting pelters, haha)
Fs90lv1WAA4e4Xt.jpg

Biggest disappointment: Starting the season with Lage at the helm and watching the inevitable
Best signing: Lopetegui (if that's allowed). If not J Gomes, but honourable mention for Dawson, as I was really impressed with him in his first 4-5 games.
Worst signing: Guedes
Most underrated: Toti

When was Bueno poor/has he really improved loads since you first saw him play (already pretty good)? I feel he's being squeezed in there a bit

When was Bueno poor/has he really improved loads since you first saw him play (already pretty good)? I feel he's being squeezed in there a bit
I chose him on the basis that he must have improved a lot if he’s gone from the U21s to looking completely at home within very few appearances.

No-one else bar perhaps Toti really fits the category either. Sa, RAN and Kilman have gone backwards at an alarming rate, Semedo is what he is and has been from day one, Joao is getting old, Hwang isn't any better, Adama has been steadily declining for years, Raul and Jonny look done, Neto has had another wasted season, Podence you can file alongside Semedo, everyone else is new compared to 12 months ago.

I'm with Lycan, I'll have Toti for underrated. He rarely lets us down, he's a bit rustic but he's a good player.

Not many to pick for underrated. Don't think Toti is that much really but not many others to pick.

I'd say Semedo is a bit undervalued. Hence you get the "that was his best game for the club" trope when he has a good game, he actually has plenty if you accept what he can and can't do.

He does blot his copybook a bit too often, eg both Brighton games and second half at Palace off the top of my head. He's one of those that if he'd been half the price (which is nearer his value) and come from Braga instead of Barcelona, he'd be quite well liked.

Always having to live up to us buying him from Barca (and being the best RB on Fifa to use for several seasons probably doesn't help :ROFLMAO: )

Always having to live up to us buying him from Barca (and being the best RB on Fifa to use for several seasons probably doesn't help :ROFLMAO: )
Works all ways.

Imagine if in 2017 we'd signed Doherty's exact clone for say, £5m but with a different name and without a stupid beard. After three years I'd probably have said he was very, very limited and needed a very bespoke role, and he'd never make much of a defender, but I'd probably have liked him to a point.

Because the real Doherty spent years on end being a fat lazy useless cunt for us pre-2017, I couldn't ever make that leap, irrespective of his improvement.

Reactions: b3h
POTS: Neves - Not even close really. Captain fantastic and one of the best all round footballers the club has ever seen.

Most improved: Costa - Started out looking old and unfit, unsurprisingly. But now he's got his match fitness and a run in the team he is the vital focal point up front that everyone else plays off.

Biggest disappointment: Sarabia - 1 goal, 0 assists, and very little impact otherwise. To say his best impact has been defensively or off the ball is fairly damning for an attacking player.

Best signing: Lemina - The glue that now holds the defensive side of our midfield together. He can play with any of the others and still be just as effective.

Worst signing: Guedes - Bombed out and ready for the bin, assuming some idiot pays for him.

Most underrated: Podence - Our most creative and attacking threat. Just a shame he mixes it in with frustrating play acting and flicks that rarely work.

Last edited:
Works all ways.

Imagine if in 2017 we'd signed Doherty's exact clone for say, £5m but with a different name and without a stupid beard. After three years I'd probably have said he was very, very limited and needed a very bespoke role, and he'd never make much of a defender, but I'd probably have liked him to a point.

Because the real Doherty spent years on end being a fat lazy useless cunt for us pre-2017, I couldn't ever make that leap, irrespective of his improvement.

I love how you're still struggling to pay a fake reality semi compliment

I took most improved as meaning from last season to this, as Bueno was with the U21s and Costa not here then neither count in my terms of reference, but each to their own.

I love how you're still struggling to pay a fake reality semi compliment
If you ever discover time travel, go back to 2015 or so, find me and tell me Matt Doherty will get 30+ international caps and play for both Tottenham and Atletico Madrid. The butterfly effect could be amazing.

Biggest disappointment: Matheus
Best signing: Lemina
Worst signing: Guedes
Most underrated: Toti

If you ever discover time travel, go back to 2015 or so, find me and tell me Matt Doherty will get 30+ international caps and play for both Tottenham and Atletico Madrid. The butterfly effect could be amazing.
I could throw in a few extras to really mess things up. Europa Quarters maybe

Doherty's path is pretty mad now I'm sat thinking about it. All on Nuno

I could throw in a few extras to really mess things up. Europa Quarters maybe

Doherty's path is pretty mad now I'm sat thinking about it. All on Nuno
Phil Ofosu-Ayeh doesn't get immediately crocked, and possible none of it ever happens for Doc...

Back