• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Not true though is it, we have lost one key player who you could argue we replaced in advance.
We have lost one first team player, it'd be a weak argument to say we've replaced him though.

The squad is weaker than it was, but not to the extent that Lop keeps whinging about. As Del says he's just coming across a bit pathetic now.

Not true though is it, we have lost one key player who you could argue we replaced in advance.
Though none will be massively missed there’s no denying that the likes of Traore, Moutinho, Collins and Podence who looks outbound, had some impact. Obviously Giles, Hoever, Coady, Chiquinho and Sanderson did not and Costa should be replaced with better, be it Sasa or Silva, or a replacement if Silva goes. If we get a couple of wide forwards injured I’d rather have Traore and even Podence on the bench than Campbell, and Collins would be a better option than Pond.

Lop is perhaps overplaying it but I can see why he wants to bring in Elvedi, Scott and perhaps another wide forward in.

Depends what you think he means by 'compete'.

He's taken this job expecting to be able to compete for European football in the immediate future. In that context, this current financial situation pretty much makes that short term goal unachievable.

If your definition of 'compete' is to be a comfortable mid table Premier League side then I suppose this squad, with this manager, probably doesn't need many additions to hit that target.

Just more preemptive excuses, or setting himself up to celebrate 12th as a magnificent achievement. Bloke just needs to shut the fuck up tbh he's doing my nut in. Absolutely no class or dignity about him whatsoever
12th would be fucking heroic right now.

I'm more concerned with this squad being good enough for 17th.

I think we'll finish about 14th/15th but I'm always a bit more positive than I should.

If Loppers stays we’ll be ok however the wheels could come off very quickly if he decides to go.
I don’t like the way he’s conducted himself since towards the end of last season, albeit with good reason. I’d sooner that it all stayed mainly behind closed doors but we are where we are.
I still think that’s it’s inconceivable that signings to strengthen the squad wont happen.

It's obvious that at the time he decided to come here he was told a load of bollocks. There's only going to be one outcome here and that if he doesn't get players in then it's adiós amigo.

Honestly?
12th is at the lower end of where we should expect to be every season (that 8th to 12th range). We get there after this pre-season, brilliant.

We were dead last before Lop. Most of that team is still here only we don't have Neves, still have no idea how the attack will line up, plus off-field shit unsettling the coach, who's not easily replaceable like for like if he goes. Nothing is guaranteed.

Yes, there's plenty of other teams in same situation, and things would have to get even worse to get down to Luton/Sheff Utd levels, but given no players in we aren't an improved squad from last season, so survival should be the key objective. Down to Fosun if they want it to be more than that.

We hired a world class manager. The surprising thing is that the board think he'd be satisfied targeting a mid table finish

Honestly?
Based on what I saw yesterday, its not a stretch of the imagination to see us being involved in a relegation scrap.
The starting defence doesnt look good, beaten with a few simple through balls and one-twos. Going forward, despite controlling the possession we failed to put away some decent chances. The goal came from Doc buying a penalty with what looked like a dive tbh. We wont be able to get away with that every week.
So we are hoping that Fabio and Sasa can deliver this season and the jury's still out on that one. If any of the first team pick up bad injuries, we will be in trouble no doubt.

I`ve got no problem with the Lopsta airing his grievances. A, I think he`s right we need strengthening and B, I don`t want a yes man, lie down and have your belly tickled sort of Manager.

I`ve got no problem with the Lopsta airing his grievances. A, I think he`s right we need strengthening and B, I don`t want a yes man, lie down and have your belly tickled sort of Manager.
I don’t want a manager like that but some things are better said behind closed doors.

Perhaps he’s tried that, Jeffs ignored him by not listening or turning up for meetings, so Lops gone public to try and shame him into doing something

I don’t want a manager like that but some things are better said behind closed doors.
I think it's safe to assume that a lot of this has been said behind closed doors and Julen didn't get the response he felt he required, so it escalated.

Perhaps they have already been. Maybe he wasn`t happy with the reply he got. Who knows? All supposition and I swore to myself that I wasn`t going to get drawn in to such conversations. Oh well.

I think it's safe to assume that a lot of this has been said behind closed doors and Julen didn't get the response he felt he required, so it escalated.
Sorry mate, just echoed what you said unknowingly.

Is Jeff really going to change his mind simply because Lop has moaned in public? I doubt it, it’s much more likely Lop is covering his arse and getting his excuses in early. I still think we’ll get Elvedi and Scott plus one wide forward even if Pod is only extra departure. If Kilman or RAN go there’ll be more.

Back