• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

18.12.2023:

Hi all,

Unfortunately, our family has received some sudden, sad news this afternoon which has rocked our world.
John or Jonzy54 as you know him on here has sadly passed away.

On behalf of John's wife Jaime, my wife Kate and his daughters Nicola and Hannah.

Peace and love brother - We will miss you! XXX

So we have a bare bones squad, similar to Nuno days, just a much smaller wage budget too.

I don't think the numbers are too bad. Having senior players not even making the bench (as happened last season under Lopetegui after we added heavily in January) isn't a good state of affairs. Most areas of the squad have at least adequate cover in terms of pure headcount, of course the likes of Doherty and Bentley aren't suitable options but that's another argument. Up front is the obvious exception.

I'd see no benefit in having say, another central midfielder so we had 5 competing for 2 spots.

Think it was a couple of months back - I struggled with some of his posts too, but just putting it out there.
He was well liked on the Mix, it seems. They set up a crowdfunding page for him in memoriaum. Made me feel a bit guilty when I saw that last month. Taking the piss online is a bit too easy sometimes.

I don't think the numbers are too bad. Having senior players not even making the bench (as happened last season under Lopetegui after we added heavily in January) isn't a good state of affairs. Most areas of the squad have at least adequate cover in terms of pure headcount, of course the likes of Doherty and Bentley aren't suitable options but that's another argument. Up front is the obvious exception.

I'd see no benefit in having say, another central midfielder so we had 5 competing for 2 spots.
No but someone in the mould of Saïss who can cover multiple positions would be handy.

Central midfield is the one area we are stocked well in, no one is saying otherwise. Putting aside quality argument for the likes of Doch, I think we're 3 bodies away from a decent sized squad before you could say it was bloated or whatever:
A CB to cover seeing as they're keeping with 3ATB (bonus points if they're good in a 2CB defense).
Another forward, doesn't have to be a world beater, somewhere between the Paraguyan kid and Sarabia's level would be fine.
The striker that we didn't get in transfer window.

I don't think that's unreasonable to want or far-fetched for a team like us. It's not asking for Forest levels of transfers in.

Back