• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

It is I agree.

However it does give an indication of how crappy these rules are for the "smaller" clubs again.
Any version of FFP whatever the acronym is always going to do, those that benefit are going to ensure that doesn't change. I believe it was originally brought in with good intentions, but is now just manipulated by the powerful.

Last edited:
Premier League clubs did, I haven't seen any reporting as to what the vote was. You need 14 to carry. Given our current ambitions it's in our interests, stops a promoted club trying to do what Forest did.

As @Tony Towner says the intentions of FFP & PSR were mostly very noble and the right intentions. Nevertheless its beginning created a sterilised and even more predictable competition than ever before.
Almost like a class structure, man ways you can look at it yes it prevents a Portsmouth scenario but also prevents a scenario of someone breaking the big six monopoly.
Could look at having far better stringent fit and proper person thresholds to meet and then trusting owners to be responsible.
Reality is clubs in massive debt and entering administration is far worst than docking points for a PSR breach so it’s a case of sticking with what’s best.

I have said it before, and it remains to be seen, but I was told by someone that we will have a push next season, that they were genuinely worried about a points deduction.

It's been said by reports that we were only £2m under a Charge, I ain't an accountant, but they were genuinely worried that a points deduction would follow.

Let's see what happens in the summer, I am genuinely hoping we go and spend some money, on top of any that we can raise, I think Fosun, and GON, are well aware that the squad is far to small, and has probably coat us a Cup Final (a full strength Wolves would have beaten UTD, twice they beat us by 1 goal, thanks to being Fucked over by VAR).

A viable replacement for Cunha and we would have beaten Cov, comfortably.

I truly feel sorry for Fraser, his inexperience shone through, he was shoved and pushed every time the ball went up to him, He did not have the requisite experience to back in to the defender, and exaggerated the push to grab the foul, watch Kane for a perfect exploitation of the art of gaining a free kick when the defender is grappling with you.

Fraser was simply to inexperienced.

Frankly, some form of ffp is needed simply to stop saudi and american companies buying the prem in totality.
Where the peoblem lies for me is with transfer fees and salaries.
Ffs i saw a report of some player a club wants being offered 500,000 €or £, i don,t remember, A WEEK in salary.
It's obscene, and needs to stop!

I have said it before, and it remains to be seen, but I was told by someone that we will have a push next season, that they were genuinely worried about a points deduction.

It's been said by reports that we were only £2m under a Charge, I ain't an accountant, but they were genuinely worried that a points deduction would follow.

Let's see what happens in the summer, I am genuinely hoping we go and spend some money, on top of any that we can raise, I think Fosun, and GON, are well aware that the squad is far to small, and has probably coat us a Cup Final (a full strength Wolves would have beaten UTD, twice they beat us by 1 goal, thanks to being Fucked over by VAR).

A viable replacement for Cunha and we would have beaten Cov, comfortably.

I truly feel sorry for Fraser, his inexperience shone through, he was shoved and pushed every time the ball went up to him, He did not have the requisite experience to back in to the defender, and exaggerated the push to grab the foul, watch Kane for a perfect exploitation of the art of gaining a free kick when the defender is grappling with you.

Fraser was simply to inexperienced.
You think we'll spend more money than we raise in transfers? I thought I was the most naive on here.

You think we'll spend more money than we raise in transfers? I thought I was the most naive on here.
He keeps saying the £2m thing which is immediately disproven just by looking at the accounts for the 3 years to 2023. If he means for this season we couldn't have been charged for something which has yet to happen

As you say I think he's talking about the reported calculated predictions of us being about £5m or so clear for the period up to May '24, before we then had to pay off £2.3m for Jonny.

Correct. They wanted him out the building but could have loaned and then terminated in the summer.
No-one wanted to loan him though on his wages. We had to pay a lump sum to Jonny so he'd accept what PAOK were offering him wages wise.

Paying Jonny off when you didn't need to and using that as the excuse for not signing someone doesn't make sense

Continuing to use your floor as 17th when realistically it was then 15th at absolute worse doesn't make sense

Saying the variance on your losses could be anywhere between 60 and 80m after the season is over in the Summer 23, yet 6 months before this one is over you can identify what they'll be within 100k doesn't make sense

Draw your own conclusions

IMG_0975.png

One for the trivia lads if this holds up over the season.

Back