• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Got bollocked at work for turning up in shorts, rather than double lined winter trousers we've been issued, got told its against our works health and safety policy! Told them it's not healthy or safe if I keel over with heatstroke is it?wankers, glad I'm leaving on Wednesday

Got bollocked at work for turning up in shorts, rather than double lined winter trousers we've been issued, got told its against our works health and safety policy! Told them it's not healthy or safe if I keel over with heatstroke is it?wankers, glad I'm leaving on Wednesday
Health and safety policy is short hand for "we won't get sued if you do this"

the previous occupant of the office I'm in was involved when the offices were being built, "do you want AC in yours ?" "No I'll have another heater instead" :mad:

on my own, as only 2 share the office in these socially distanced times, and he's on leave.
shorts and a tshirt for me today #scruffybeggerasusual

Have you asked to see the relevant part of the procedures that forbids the wearing of shorts?

Just been out to my car to put my lunch box back in, My God it's hotter than the Sun inside !!!

Have asked, not expecting to be shown it, because I don't think there's an actual part of the policy forbidding shorts

My work has always allowed shorts instead of trousers. I don't know any H&S rules forbidding it, unless you work in conditions making it impractical or at risk of injury.

Thank you Met Office for just emailing me to advise of extreme heat in the West Country today

I hadn't really noticed it over the last 3 days :p so thanks for the warning

My work has always allowed shorts instead of trousers. I don't know any H&S rules forbidding it, unless you work in conditions making it impractical or at risk of injury.
Occasionally work with wheelchairs, so a bit of kneeling in the minibus involved strapping the chairs in, but I'm a school minibus driver, school finished last Friday, but technically finishes Wednesday due to teacher training, so have to come into work because term is still on, today I've taken a loan bus back to Milton Keynes, tomorrow I'm sitting around drinking tea, same Wednesday, so proper danger wearing shorts.
Contract does say I have to wear uniform as issued, they issued fleeces, a quilted waterproof winter coat and a woolly hat, I'm not wearing those atm, and they haven't said anything, even though in the words of my contract, I'm improperly dressed for work, if I'm not wearing them

Does anyone have those fans you put ice cubes in, are they any good?

Occasionally work with wheelchairs, so a bit of kneeling in the minibus involved strapping the chairs in, but I'm a school minibus driver, school finished last Friday, but technically finishes Wednesday due to teacher training, so have to come into work because term is still on, today I've taken a loan bus back to Milton Keynes, tomorrow I'm sitting around drinking tea, same Wednesday, so proper danger wearing shorts.
Contract does say I have to wear uniform as issued, they issued fleeces, a quilted waterproof winter coat and a woolly hat, I'm not wearing those atm, and they haven't said anything, even though in the words of my contract, I'm improperly dressed for work, if I'm not wearing them
Is there much work going in your industry at the moment mate?

Schools mostly, trips, clubs and day centres looking to be back after the 6 weeks, that's just where I'm working though( community transport in Bilston) , don't know about other places.
I'm out of it from Wednesday though, they never got around to renewing my contract, mainly due the the bloke dealing with all the school transport at the council being non contactable for the next three weeks! So CT weren't going to renew, without the guarantee of work for me to do, 2 others in the same boat as well

Does anyone have those fans you put ice cubes in, are they any good?
There used to be one knocking around our office that got passed on a lot, think we tried it in our room once and it was just a really loud fan that smelled of damp.

I've been tempted to buy a proper free standing air con unit a few times the last few summers but as much as I hate this weather I don't think it's really worth it. Couple weeks use a year and then what am I going to do with it? Where is it going to live? Yet to see one that I'd really want as a permanent feature of a room.

Dragons den idea #4766

For EV cars some kind of attachment to pipe the AC into your home through a window, complete with sealing attachment around the open window to keep the pesky heat out.

Plug the car into the house and run the AC effectively off the mains.

Not the best solution, but would provide much needed relief when required.

Car doesn’t have a big enough fan. Think of the volume a car needs to cool compared to a house. Look at the size of the fans you see on the outside of buildings for AC units for single hotel rooms. They would barely fit under the bonnet.

So for that reason Andy… I’m out.

Back