• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Days like today make me feel very glad we have two windows at opposite sides of our bedroom.

Our South facing bedroom, not such a good idea !

I'm sure I get worse with it every year, been really ill all weekend and had some breathing difficulties. Horrible and doesn't look like it'll ease before Friday.

27c inside the house still - I know some love this, but I don't function properly at this level.

Fortunately the house faces south west at the back so the bedrooms are a touch cooler at the front. Duvet has been banished to the spare bedroom & have changed the bed to a 'cool' sheet which is all I will need.

Played bowls yesterday & was drained by the time I came home at 7 pm.

Our back garden is south facing and our bedroom at the back..quite nice in the garden now the sun has gone down over the house and a slight breeze

Absolutely delighted the previous owners of our house installed Air Con in the kitchen.
Not so delighted the 3 old buggers in my house required a lamb lunch today.

There is a method for cooling your bathroom at least, but it depends on how you feel about wasting water.

Run a cold shower, when the cold water droplets / mist are released into the air they evaporate immediately producing a cooling effect. If you're doing that though you might as well jump in the cold shower and then dry off naturally.

If you've ever got spare space in your freezer put a 2 litre bottle full (completely full, no space at the top) of water in there overnight (longer really, a day and a half usually does the trick anything longer is a bonus) fetch it out around 10/11 and it will start pulling the moisture out of the air, an overnight bottle will last around 3/4 hours and a day and a half bottle up to 8 hours, while this wont help the whole house if you keep it near you it will at least create a nice pocket of cooler air. Make sure you put don't put the bottle on the carpet/table otherwise you'll have a nice puddle fairly quickly.

Gone american and got a min aircon unit for the bedroom. My other half has decided it was a waste of money as she’s now too cold

Reactions: b3h
I’ve had to commit to buying and AC unit. My house is stupid where lounge, kitchen, bedroom and spare room are all south facing. It’s 3 stories and on the top of a hill so sun on it all day with no obstructions. 9.30pm and thermometer tells me it’s 29 degrees in the bedroom still. Think it only got down to about 27 at midnight.

Delivery on Tuesday I hope

I'm sure I get worse with it every year, been really ill all weekend and had some breathing difficulties. Horrible and doesn't look like it'll ease before Friday.
Hope you feel a bit better soon. This heat and feeling unwell is a shit combination.

Luckily I have had a fan on me all day whilst sat watching the sport. And my bed is right next to the window so I can have that wide open and still be ok with a 3.5 tog duvet.

Earplugs in while sleeping too if the window is open. Stops any noise annoying me or waking me up (unless it's Indian music at 3am...).

Couldn’t sleep in that so got in the motor at 7.00am and went out into the countryside to give the dog some relief and let her have a swim in the Cam.

I think it’s fair to say it’s going to be another sizzler today…..

96BCE989-B884-4E56-91A1-BDABD9DE3E4C.jpeg

I'm currently having my brekkie on the patio, nice atm but won't be long before it drives me back indoors

Gone american and got a min aircon unit for the bedroom. My other half has decided it was a waste of money as she’s now too cold
I’ve had to commit to buying and AC unit. My house is stupid where lounge, kitchen, bedroom and spare room are all south facing. It’s 3 stories and on the top of a hill so sun on it all day with no obstructions. 9.30pm and thermometer tells me it’s 29 degrees in the bedroom still. Think it only got down to about 27 at midnight.

Delivery on Tuesday I hope

Was going to a few weeks back and wish I did.

Can I just ask are these the 350-450 ish ones, basically cheapest actual "AC"? Thanks

Was going to a few weeks back and wish I did.

Can I just ask are these the 350-450 ish ones, basically cheapest actual "AC"? Thanks
£350 in Argos yes. I’ve got Similar at work and they’re fine. Loud though but even just putting it on for a few hours before you go to bed will do the job (anything to make it not 27 degrees at 1am) or if it’s anything like yesterday just wheeling it round whatever room I’m in

Reactions: b3h
Back