• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Friday looks very bad. Wouldn’t be shocked to see a red warning for round here

Supposed to be driving up to Manchester tomorrow morning for a birthday event in the evening. All the indicators are that is not safe/best not to travel. Will have to ponder that one for a bit but it’s not looking good.

Nathan Rao is a fucking cunt. I have however been reading Met office updates and following netweather that has a reputation for getting things right. I am surprised at the lack of media coverage for what could be a dangerous event.

Not going to affect the south much is it? Therefore they don’t care.

yesterday was pretty bad round here tbh. Over the past week we have had on section of our fence blow over (not repaired it, as was due to replace it anyway. May as well wait til next month).
Friday/saturday forecast is looking quite something.

Seem to recall Gordon Kaye having something come through his windscreen during a storm years back. The guy suffered serious injuries iirc.

And pretty sure Rod Hull copped it after falling from a ladder he climbed to adjust his tv aerial that was affected during a storm. Emu never really got over that either.

Seem to recall Gordon Kaye having something come through his windscreen during a storm years back. The guy suffered serious injuries iirc.

And pretty sure Rod Hull copped it after falling from a ladder he climbed to adjust his tv aerial that was affected during a storm. Emu never really got over that either.

Funnily enough I have just come off the phone to my mom and kindly requested that she and dad don't go and get their shopping tomorrow and I mentioned Gordon Kaye, a tree went through his car windscreen and almost decapitated him. Also, a few years ago the MD of Birmingham Airport who lived in Bridgnorth was sadly killed when a tree went through his windscreen as he was leaving for work

my folks are due to visit this weekend. planning ringing them later to postpone for a week.

Gordon Kaye was in the great storm of 1987 I think. When they did the Allo Allo reunion show you could see the massive dent in his head still there years afterwards.

Red Warning now for Wales and the South West. I'd imagine that schools will close if they aren't already on half term.

Gordon Kaye was in the great storm of 1987 I think. When they did the Allo Allo reunion show you could see the massive dent in his head still there years afterwards.

Scarred for life.

I read that he suffered from dementia and lived the last couple of years of his life in a nursing home in Knaresborough, good chance that his head injury contributed to his condition

Fridays a good day to travel up to Wigan then :)
Hopefully most of the storm will have passed the time I'm travelling up

Last edited:
Red Warning now for Wales and the South West. I'd imagine that schools will close if they aren't already on half term.
and because of this, the risk averse prick who is now Commandant Air Cadets has ordered that NO Cadet activities can be run from tomorrow till Monday, even parade nights, by ANYONE! The entire Air Cadets organisation has been shut down across the UK because it's a bit windy down south :mad:

Squadron commanders and staff have to produce risk assessments and adverse risk assessments but this prick thinks we aren't capable of doing so

Does this mean we'll see you on Sunday?

Silver linings and all that.

A bit windy? You do know that EVERY train in Wales is cancelled tomorrow? This is a serious event for anywhere South of Manchester, and North of there to Glasgow looks like it is due for snow instead of the wind.

Back