• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

Does this mean we'll see you on Sunday?

Silver linings and all that.
A bit windy? You do know that EVERY train in Wales is cancelled tomorrow? This is a serious event for anywhere South of Manchester, and North of there to Glasgow looks like it is due for snow instead of the wind.
Sadly not Johnny (trains probably won't work outside of Yorkshire ;) )

Paddy, yep, things are bad in Wales and the South. Okay, shut them down but let people make their own decisions if the weather isn't in a red warning area

We are going to stay amber. If this barrels up the Severn valley like it should it will be interesting.

It seems that it's the speed at which this storm is coming to us is the issue. Firstly because most storms that reach us have blown out a bit by the time that they get here, then secondly because it makes it that more unpredictable where it will be when, hence the Amber Warning for most of England.
This could piss all over 1987...

Storms lose power over land. If it piles up the Severn Estuary less land to dissipate it. We shall see though. Exact tracks are hard to predict.

Decided to head up to Manny tomorrow. The lure of an important event colouring the judgement. Brave or foolish,I dunno, time will be the judge of that.
This feels a bit like 1987 all over again. As the storm was brewing I recall had plans as a young guy to attend an important exhibition in London the next day and was going come what may. The severity of the storm brushed that naivety aside and put paid to that.
Going to be interesting to see how it all pans out tomorrow.

Not everywhere in Wales is closed. I'm expected to go to work otherwise I won't get paid. It's fine, I only work in Newport...

Not all that windy up here but weve had some snow. Don't know what the fuss is about... 😜

Howling noise coming through me front door. Which means two things, the winds got up, and me seal ain't very good on this new door.

Been upgraded to a red warning down here now. Currently a bit blowy but will be leaving for work a little earlier as my walk in can't avoid anywhere with lots of trees.
Just hope the 100+ft crane next to where I work is fine...

Not too bad in Derby. Must have hammered down overnight as part of the ring road was flooded this morning but its mostly dry and moderately windy now.

why the fucking fuck to all the news channels have to send some poor fucking sod to stand by the sea front every time to tell people to stay away from the fucking sea front?

Currently no more than a ‘good drying day’ in Rutland.

As a survivor of the great storm of '87 (lived in a village on the coast in Suffolk - woke up to find my Dad's shed stuck in a tree 20 feet above the ground) I feel ready to cope with whatever Mother Nature throws at us.

ShorttermSoupyHydra-size_restricted.gif

why the fucking fuck to all the news channels have to send some poor fucking sod to stand by the sea front every time to tell people to stay away from the fucking sea front?
GMB had a reporter stood in Perranporth explaining that “waves go in and out”

Always makes me smile when someone goes past in the background walking their dog in a tshirt whilst they’re trying to persuade us it’s the apocalypse.

Currently no more than a ‘good drying day’ in Rutland.
Similar in NW Leicestershire. Quite a pleasant walk with the dog earlier. It reminded me of lockdown as there was very little traffic just a few people out walking. I expect the worst is due later this morning and this afternoon.

I remember the 87 blow. Trees down everywhere on my way to school in Aylesbury

Our village was at the end of a peninsula with one road connecting it - which was blocked by several trees! I think we were without power for several days.

I can remember standing outside the evening before and it being eerily still.

Back