• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Good people of Britain...........PANIC

I just played football in some light snow in Wednesbury, 4-0, hammered one in from just over the half way line, lovely challenge on some young lad, ball, man, screams of pain, it had everything, great challenge.

Thats sound like a long ball appraoch, thought you would have tika tapa up the field on principal!

Thats sound like a long ball appraoch, thought you would have tika tapa up the field on principal!

If you'd seen the keeper we were facing you couldn't argue with the approach, i think there was 1 occasion in the 40 minute game where he did anything that remotely resembled a dive of any sort, bless him, all he managed was half a step and a barely stretched out arm to my effort despite how long he had to see it coming. Didn't stop our forward smashing about 5 efforts straight at the fat lump though, someone had to take matters into their own hands and put an end to the wasted chances, i duly obliged.

How are things over in the UK boys?
Treacherous or a bit of non event?

Snow is still falling steadily here in Coalville but the roads remain clear due to traffic.

Bit of a non event so far. If it carries on all day and into the night then things might get a bit troublesome.

Nothing but rain in my part of South Wales.

Non-event.
swaps between sleet & rain in brum.
According to the forecast, only wednesday has any other likelihood of snow.
Shocker - the mail/express over-exaggerated...

Finally arrived by us last night but by morning was only really a slight smattering. Back with a bit of a vengeance around 10 o'clock this morning & has stuck a bit stronger. Still hardly a full on blizzard though

Plenty of snow in Nottingham but my life is progressing as usual...

Finally arrived by us last night but by morning was only really a slight smattering. Back with a bit of a vengeance around 10 o'clock this morning & has stuck a bit stronger. Still hardly a full on blizzard though

Had similar here, suns out now though and there's no sign that any snow was ever around.

Very icy this morning. Treacherous footpaths (remember when they used to be gritted - one for the "getting old" thread?).
Main roads seemed ok, but side roads etc looked very slippy.

I see from the news this morning that it's minus 12 around the Midlands!! with substantial snow forecast for the Friday and Sat.

Chaos for football matches - playing and getting to them...

It's only raining here and it's 5 degrees, thank fuck!

I see from the news this morning that it's minus 12 around the Midlands!! with substantial snow forecast for the Friday and Sat.

Chaos for football matches - playing and getting to them...

It's only raining here and it's 5 degrees, thank fuck!

It is struggling to get above 0 at the moment. Will probably drop to -6 later.

We have snow predicted for Friday/Saturday which means Asda will be a fucking nightmare when I go to do my shopping on Thursday as people prepare for the end of the world.

Got high hopes for a 4 day weekend......

Was very treacherous when I was coming home on Monday night, it hasn't got above freezing since.

Thursday into Friday may well be quite bad. We shall see though as snow is notoriously difficult to predict with any great certainty. Could prepare for armageddon and get about an inch, or assume it will be alright and be digging the car out of two foot snowdrifts on saturday morning.

As a precaution I will buy in extra beer. Think we are okay for food.

It better not snow on Friday. I have a job interview and I do not want to miss that because of the weather.

Match got cancelled because of the snow :(

Back