• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Guardian On Sir Jack

He has a right to be offensive. You have a right to be offended. You have a right to reply, to educate, to debate .

Thats why I am hoping our local paper tries to engage with him on behalf of the club and its fans. That will be a hell of a lot better than a few hundred cybernerds kicking off but as with anything online you will get the rational response, the annoyed response and the OTT response and the moronic response. Just a shame the moronic response is the one that stands out and gets the point missed.

Finally caught up with all this - a crass, insensitive thing to say which I'm sure was done to provoke some kind of reaction. Which it is getting. I've never even heard of Glendenning before so I've no idea about his 'previous' but these remarks were in very poor taste indeed.

It seems (going from his comments on Twitter) he had a very different view on Sir Jack last week, which will be forgotten about in the light of these comments - hopefully he'll see what he said was OTT, apologise and everyone can move on.

I've seen Twitter is awash with #boycotttheguardian hashtags.

That's a bit OTT IMO. I don't like the stupid comments this nobber said on a podcast but this is a bit much.

Finally caught up with all this - a crass, insensitive thing to say which I'm sure was done to provoke some kind of reaction. Which it is getting. I've never even heard of Glendenning before so I've no idea about his 'previous' but these remarks were in very poor taste indeed.

It seems (going from his comments on Twitter) he had a very different view on Sir Jack last week, which will be forgotten about in the light of these comments - hopefully he'll see what he said was OTT, apologise and everyone can move on.

Having had a few exchanges with him last night and this morning, he doesn't seem too bad a bloke (Unlike Alan Swann) and has made an off the cuff remark, which was badly thought out and incorrect. I think he should make an apology to Sir Jack in the next Guardian podcast.

Having had a few exchanges with him last night and this morning, he doesn't seem too bad a bloke (Unlike Alan Swann) and has made an off the cuff remark, which was badly thought out and incorrect. I think he should make an apology to Sir Jack in the next Guardian podcast.

Which would be fair enough IMO.

I'll have a look at your exchange when I get a mo - TWF account or your own?

@TheWolvesForum I have already said i should not have used that word. But the man did liken himself to Cecil Rhodes. That is a fact.

@TheWolvesForum I have already said i should not have used that word. But the man did liken himself to Cecil Rhodes. That is a fact.

No it isn't. It was a tongue-in-cheek report from 2003.

No it isn't. It was a tongue-in-cheek report from 2003.

We can either pick holes in it or accept that he's made an error.

He's going to make his position clear on the next podcast, which I assume will be apology for calling him a racist.

He's going to make his position clear on the next podcast, which I assume will be apology for calling him a racist.

End of the matter as far as I'm concerned.

End of the matter as far as I'm concerned.

Depends what his apology is like I guess. He tries to be a funny cock when retracting a couple of his comments and the internet will explode again

Tbh, a few people need to get over themselves.
....He has a right to be offensive. You have a right to be offended. You have a right to reply, to educate, to debate - not to threaten and abuse.

Now there's an excellent line of opinion.
I'm taking it only a tad out of context, but the principle is dead on.

He has a right to be offensive.

He has the right to be offensive but we don't have the right to call him a 'bit of a twat'? And how's calling him a cock not abusive?

Back