• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull Tigers?

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
Hull City have been given permission to apply for a name change at the end of the season. Their fans are opposed to changing their name from Hull City to Hull Tigers, so why are the club going ahead with the proposed name change?

Because their owner doesn't give a shit what the fans think.

Because their owner doesn't give a shit what the fans think.

Similar to Cardiff City maybe? They are now back in their traditional blue shirts, and next season will have the bluebird badge back on the shirts. I just do not understand why these owners want to change years of tradition.

I know I'll never properly understand what this must be like for Hull supporters, but from my point of view this is an absolutely silly thing to get upset about. Just as the Cardiff shirt change was.

/notBritish

I know I'll never properly understand what this must be like for Hull supporters, but from my point of view this is an absolutely silly thing to get upset about. Just as the Cardiff shirt change was.

/notBritish
Agreed, getting pissy about a shirt colour just makes it look like you chose to support a team based on a fashion choice.

Agreed, getting pissy about a shirt colour just makes it look like you chose to support a team based on a fashion choice.

Ironic considering that's exactly how I picked Wolves.

Yeah Leicester Fosse fans are still fucking fuming.....

That was 1880 dot....I DEMAND we change our name back to St Lukes

Mmmm, and so many Arsenal fans remember when Woolwich was in the name.

Name that club!

Ardwick
Newton Heath
Christ Church
Small Heath
Saint Domingo's
Wednesday (bit of a giveaway innit)
Saint Mary's
Singers'
Saint Jude's
Clapton
Black Arabs (wouldn't get away with this one today, eh?)
Belmont
Boscombe Saint John's
Thames Ironworks
Riverside Albion
Shaddongate United
West Herts
New Brompton
Pine Villa
Headington United (these were the most recent offenders of name change sacrilege!)

Poor old Orient fans as well. One minute they are Leyton the next it's taken away from them.

Black Arabs is Bristol Rovers
Newton Heath is Manchester United
Boscombe St Johns is Bournemouth
Headington United is Oxford United
Thames Ironworks is West Ham
West Herts can surely only be Watford, unless county borders mean it was Reading?

Small Heath is obviously the bluenoses.
Pine Villa I am assuming actually is Aston Villa

Black Arabs is Bristol Rovers
Newton Heath is Manchester United
Boscombe St Johns is Bournemouth
Headington United is Oxford United
Thames Ironworks is West Ham
West Herts can surely only be Watford, unless county borders mean it was Reading?

6 for 6 there, Paddy. Well done!

Shaddongate is an area in Carlisle, so I would guess at Carlisle United.

Back