• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

If Not Lage, Then Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a binary choice I actually would take Southgate over Lage, in as much as I wouldn't particularly expect the football to be any better, but the players would have more respect for him (ie some) than they do Lage.

You're into the realms of obvious joke candidates like Allardyce, Bruce or Pulis, or ones that *could* conceivably happen like Benitez but shouldn't, before you get to who I'd definitively pass up over Lage. Why do we have the worst manager in the league, by choice as well, it makes no sense?

Really?

You wouldn't get garbled shit after the game, he wouldn't throw players under the bus any time we lose, I am fairly sure he could make a decent substitution now and then.

It's having a Kwik Save ready meal compared to catshit pie.

Really?

You wouldn't get garbled shit after the game, he wouldn't throw players under the bus any time we lose, I am fairly sure he could make a decent substitution now and then.

It's having a Kwik Save ready meal compared to catshit pie.
I think Southgate is worse tactically than Lage which takes some doing.

No chance.

I have never seen Lage do anything impressive tactically in any of his 45 games in charge.

I don't think Lage is too bad tactically, none of it is original thinking though and none of it seems to fit with the players he actually has at his disposal.

When we first rolled out the 4-3-3 in pre-season I was quite impressed with what I saw. It seemed like a formation geared to get the best out of our best player (Neves), we were using the ball really intelligently and the front 3 had the dynamic movement/3rd man running that we've been crying out for. None of that has translated into the season proper though and I put that down to his lack of man management. His teams don't go out and put everything on the line for him and that'll be what will always hold him back at the top level. He hasn't got the charisma to be a top manager and his tactical thinking, while better than most, isn't exactly cutting edge.

He is what he is, an over-promoted youth coach. If you look at the youth teams he coached and the players he helped form he's clearly at the top of his field there but that doesn't translate into elite level management.

I wouldn’t be confident Southgate would be better. Unless simply doing a Harry Redknapp and telling them to enjoy themselves would get more out these players

You need to be better than 1 win in 14. Or pushing it, 3 wins a season.

Drunk.

Whilst both are shite, at least Southgate has some man management skills.

Don't quote me tomoz (or today)

X

Lage has actually set the team up correctly a decent number of times.

The problem has always been that as soon as the opposition manager corrects to compensate (and they always do), Lage then never has his own plan B, or C, or...

I guess Lopetegui is the most likely candidate if the board do get off their arses and get rid of Lage. Seems like his Sevilla side is doing the same as is right now though.

Would take Rodgers here tbf, at least when his teams are shit they still score goals.

Am i really naive, but most of these players are internationals, so does the 'Lage touch' make them pretty useless. Surely once they get on the pitch they could show some skill and purpose.

Am i really naive, but most of these players are internationals, so does the 'Lage touch' make them pretty useless. Surely once they get on the pitch they could show some skill and purpose.
Yeah, fuck tactics.

Yes I think so, they look like they've had all the confidence knocked out of them and are floundering around trying to work out what the fuck they're supposed to be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back