• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

If Not Lage, Then Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Hunting

Reaction score
I've had a quick look and it doesn't seem to exist already, so I'll start it.
With all this negative talk about Lage, who do we think are the guys we'd like to have managing this collection of talented players, who's going to make them into a TEAM?

Lopetegui had a period of discontent with Sevilla at the end of last season, with talks on his future and whether he'd continue. Fans were supposedly split on him.

I'm sure if we agreed to pay Sevilla the compensation they might be tempted to let him leave. And he might fancy a fresh start somewhere and a crack at the Premier League.

Lopetegui had a period of discontent with Sevilla at the end of last season, with talks on his future and whether he'd continue. Fans were supposedly split on him.

I'm sure if we agreed to pay Sevilla the compensation they might be tempted to let him leave. And he might fancy a fresh start somewhere and a crack at the Premier League.
Tactically he is Nuno 2.0. I thought everyone was sick of defensive play, and 4 at the back had to be implemented?

I had my eye on Amorim a while back, but not sure how he's done since then.

I agree with Johnny's post the other day about someone to take the squad in a different, more attack-minded direction. Be interested to see suggestions along those lines

Tactically he is Nuno 2.0. I thought everyone was sick of defensive play, and 4 at the back had to be implemented?

Looked dead defensive when they absolutely dragged us in the Europa League game. We couldn't get the ball off them.

I watched them lose poorly at Almería on Saturday night. Having (choosing??) to start Mir up front as the focal point isn’t helping. Looks like his time there is up. If you’re a fan of a decent first half with squandered opportunities followed by a lacklustre second period in which the team largely give up he’d be a good continuity choice right now.

We've been linked with Rennes manager Bruno Genesio previously too.

If we could get someone of the quality Nuno was for the first 3 of his 4 seasons with us we’d be very lucky IMO. Myth that we played terrrible defensive football. Just that last season where things had clearly changed.

My fear is that if/when Bruno gets the sack, it’s just a similar appointment from the Mendes pool, which is where the relationship limits us.

Really not sure what Fosun would do with finding a new manager if they did pull the trigger soon.

Lage was clearly a cheap choice from within the Mendes stable, made at a time when the club was in a period of budgetary constraint, but now that Fosun seems have loosened the purse strings again maybe that also makes more ambitious targets viable? Doubt we could get someone at the very top - Pochettino the most obvious dream target - but I do wonder if they'd be as or more ambitious than reaching out to Nuno in the Championship. My gut sense right now is... probably yes?

For whatever reason, Graham Potter is the first name that popped into my head.

Give me a Nuno from 2017- July 2020 over Bruno any day. We’d be nowhere near trouble.
People seem to think that 20/21 season was the real Nuno it really wasn’t.

AVB is currently clubless, maybe not an ideal choice but better than what we have.

Maybe Ruben Anorim just to piss Sporting fans off even more.

Give me a Nuno from 2017- July 2020 over Bruno any day. We’d be nowhere near trouble.
People seem to think that 20/21 season was the real Nuno it really wasn’t.
Not saying he wasn't by any means. Nuno was a great manager pre covid.
Just pointing out that everywhere Wolves fan related has been banging on about turgid football, we have to have 4 at the back, we need a player reset etc. Now it's "we have to get rid of the manager". If that doesn't work what then? Sharpen the pitch forks, sack the board, burn the stadium down?

For whatever reason, Graham Potter is the first name that popped into my head.
Said to a few folk yesterday, if we had gone for Potter in the summer and told him our transfer plans of spending almost £100m on Guedes, Nunes, Collins and possibly a striker to come we could have got him. No chance we get him now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back