• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ipswich (A) build up

Lycan

Jeff Shi's Bitch
Reaction score
Huge game against tough opponents, hard to see us getting anything here really. We need wins but I'd snatch your hand off if you offered me a draw.

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth Stearman Hause

Evans Saiss

Marshall Enobakhare Costa

Dicko​

With Batth back in the side we'll switch straight back to hoofball which will play right into Mick's hands unfortunately. We've just got to set up hard to beat and hope one of our front 4 can create a moment of magic. I'd go with two defensive full backs, park Evans/Saiss in front of the centre backs and try to expose their cumbersome centre halves against Nouha/Costa/Eno on the break.

I think he'll go with the same team as against Reading but with Batth in for Williamson.

Ipswich playing a 3-5-2 atm.

Bialkowski

Chambers Berra Knudsen

Spence Ward Skuse Huws Kenlock

Lawrence McGoldrick​

Similar team for me, but please no more Batth hoof ball:

Ikeme
Iorfa Stearman Hause Saville (!?)
Evans Saiss
Marshall Bright Costa
Dicko

Or if Cav is even able to hobble a la David Haye he starts, I think we have missed him massively.

I wouldnt like Hause moved in and out willy nilly, he needs to be forged into a half decent defender if he can. Left back really is a problem akin to that number 10 role.. Did Savile at least look like he had a defensive brain in that area yesterday, because if he did he can stay there..

Time for change..

...............Bod.....Dicko.................
Marshall....Saiss...Evans...Costa
CBJ......Hause...Stears....Iorfa....
..................Ikeme.........................

1 up front is NOT working and 3 in midfield without a creative midfielder much the same.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

best team I can think of with our shitty and unfit squad:

Lonergan
Iorfa Williamson Hause Doherty
Saiss Price
Costa Edwards Weimann
Dicko

Time for change..

...............Bod.....Dicko.................
Marshall....Saiss...Evans...Costa
CBJ......Hause...Stears....Iorfa....
..................Ikeme.........................

1 up front is NOT working and 3 in midfield without a creative midfielder much the same.

If Ipswich play a 5 man midfield week in week out, sadly your midfield would be ripped to shreds..

best team I can think of with our shitty and unfit squad:

Lonergan
Iorfa Williamson Hause Doherty
Saiss Price
Costa Edwards Weimann
Dicko
Lonerghan is dreadful, easily the worst kicker of a football I have ever seen in professional football.

Williamson is banned too

Edit again - and please no Edwards at 10

If Ipswich play a 5 man midfield week in week out, sadly your midfield would be ripped to shreds..

Williamson suspended due to red card yesterday...

I would like

------------------------------- Ikeme -------------------------------

Iorfa --------------- Batth(yuk) ---- Hause --------- Saville (yuk x2)

---------------------- Price ----------- Saiss -------------------------

Costa -------------- Evans/Bright/Bod ----------- Bod/Gibbs-White

----------------------------- Dicko -----------------------------

And thats why Freddy hasnt a clue..

Linked the wrong quote there...Meant Freds team

-----------------------Ikeme--------------------

Iorfa---------Stearman------Hause--------Saville

---------------Price------------Saiss-----------------

------Costa-----------Enobakhare-------Marshall

-----------------------Dicko----------------------------

We made a start yesterday in ditching some absolute shit but it needs to go further, Coady and Edwards need to go. Ikeme would too if we had anything approaching an alternative.

2016/17: D 0-0 (H)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2014/15: D 1-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2012/13: L 0-2 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2008/9: D 0-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2007/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2006/7: W 1-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2004/5: W 2-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2002/3: D 1-1 (H), W 4-2 (A)
1999/0: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
1998/9: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
1997/8: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1996/7: D 0-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
1995/6: D 2-2 (H), W 2-1 (A)
1993/4: D 1-1 (H, FAC), W 2-1 (A, FAC)

As we played "ok" against Reading, I'm not expecting any changes apart for Willo, personally I would go with DW's team, although as Edwards is undroppable, I wouldn't be that upset to see him next to Saiss.

aye williamson is banned, Dont care if Lonergan kicks the ball left and right out of the stadium if he just make saves(which Ikeme isnt), I dont think Bright is better than a wales international this year no..not ready to do the goods just yet, but a big promise

...................Ikeme
Iorfa.......Batth......Hause....Doherty
....................Saiss
...........Coady.....Gibbs-White
...Costa.........Dicko......Bodvarsson

Ruddy, Marshall, Saville, Price, Edwards, Bright, Wilson

The players left out would be Bright or Edwards neither would have much impact. It's an old argument that a 5 man midfield dominates as they will be dragged out of position to deal with the areas where we have more. Plus Mick plays wing backs so at least one CM has to cover for them.

The key is fluidity something we have lacked this season.

The players left out would be Bright or Edwards neither would have much impact. It's an old argument that a 5 man midfield dominates as they will be dragged out of position to deal with the areas where we have more. Plus Mick plays wing backs so at least one CM has to cover for them.

The key is fluidity something we have lacked this season.

Calling Spence and the other one wing backs is a bit of a stretch. Get on top of them and that formation quickly becomes a 5-3-2.

The worry for me is their top two. Lawrence is class and McGoldrick aways causes us problems. Really could've done with Willo for this one.

...................Ikeme
Iorfa.......Batth......Hause....Doherty
....................Saiss
...........Coady.....Gibbs-White
...Costa.........Dicko......Bodvarsson

Ruddy, Marshall, Saville, Price, Edwards, Bright, Wilson

I wouldn't be averse to playing this only swap Coady for Price and Doherty for CBJ.

Calling Spence and the other one wing backs is a bit of a stretch. Get on top of them and that formation quickly becomes a 5-3-2.

The worry for me is their top two. Lawrence is class and McGoldrick aways causes us problems. Really could've done with Willo for this one.
Agree and after all it is Mick we are talking about. Losing Willo is a blow I think he will be a big player for us for the remainder of the season.

aye williamson is banned, Dont care if Lonergan kicks the ball left and right out of the stadium if he just make saves(which Ikeme isnt), I dont think Bright is better than a wales international this year no..not ready to do the goods just yet, but a big promise

Lonergan is fucking shite at EVERYTHING. I wouldn't trust him to catch a fucking cold.

He is such a complete pile of shite he makes Ikeme look like Sepp Meier in comparison.

Back