• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's magic you know, Dicko, Afobe OJO!!!

If he is as quick as suggested then a front four of him/Afobe/Dicko & VLP is going to embarrass a number of Championship defences

Sounds like he is fookin rapid. Which will be brilliant in our set up. Can see him having quite an impact with us. Looking on RAWK the scousers seem pleased he has come to us.

saw one of the Youtube clips where he gave someone five yards start and in about three strides was five yards in front of them. Think Ozil vs Gareth Barry.
Great signing - sure that Kenny will treat him carefully but should be a great addition. And I gather it is pronounced Shay Oh Joe. Or maybe Odjo
Liverpool Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGUoogiOLhA
Wigan Youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCn2u1mV248
Watch second clip at about 0:20 for his pace

I hate to be the pant-wetter here after acting so high and mighty, but I'm not very impressed with this move if there's no option to buy.

Of course if we end up getting promoted it's far less of an issue since we'd have exponentially more cash and influence as a Prem team.

Potentially a very good signing. Young and raw, but Liverpool rate him, so that will do for me.

I hate to be the pant-wetter here after acting so high and mighty, but I'm not very impressed with this move if there's no option to buy.

Of course if we end up getting promoted it's far less of an issue since we'd have exponentially more cash and influence as a Prem team.

Whilst we would always want loans with options to buy, sometimes the right option won't give us that. If/when! we get promoted the equation changes anyway - we have greater buying power & the player has been embedded in our squad for the year.

At that point all parties may be prepared to do a deal even if not expressly set out at the start of the arrangement. Don't get promoted and any of these deals are irrelevant as would take willing partners on both sides to complete.

With the two loan signings, is there a clause that the parent clubs can recall the players if necessary?

Alan - I may be wrong but this guy is regarded as one of the top talents in world football. He was training with MK Dons first team when he was 13. There was probably never going to be an option to buy: the answer may be to just enjoy watching him for a season. With Dicko, Afobe and players coming through like Bright and Connor Ronan this could be a special season

saw one of the Youtube clips where he gave someone five yards start and in about three strides was five yards in front of them. Think Ozil vs Gareth Barry.
Great signing - sure that Kenny will treat him carefully but should be a great addition. And I gather it is pronounced Shay Oh Joe

I saw that clip yesterday and he absolutely roasted the guy. If he can operate on both flanks imagine the pace we'd have with Ojo and Iorfa if they are both bombing up and down the right.

Welcome Sheyi. Hopefully he lives up to his potential :)

He's going to be raw as he is only just 18, but from the clips I've seen he looks like shit off a shovel.

Spot on ND, no reason we couldn't loan him again when/ if we reach the PL. Particularly if it's this season and he has a hand in it.

Great signing - sure that Kenny will treat him carefully but should be a great addition. And I gather it is pronounced Shay Oh Joe

To be uber-critical, I hope he can refine some of his technique and decision making, but with pace like that and such composure in the finish I'm sure the Wolves faithful will be forgiving.

David Davis looks good in his youtube comps, too.

Anyway it's not that I wouldn't have Ojo here, I just dislike using the loan system in this manner.

He's going to be raw as he is only just 18.

Sako was raw when he first arrived here. Hopefully Ojo will make a big impact this season despite his tender years and huge lack of experience.

David Davis looks good in his youtube comps, too.

Anyway it's not that I wouldn't have Ojo here, I just dislike using the loan system in this manner.

We'd all much rather have players in permanently but this is the first time I can recall KJ not having an option to buy at the end of a loan. I don't see a massive issue with it unless the squad is riddled with loanees - which ours isn't.

With the two loan signings, is there a clause that the parent clubs can recall the players if necessary?
Unlikely. Window to window loans don't usually allow recall clauses.

Sako was raw when he first arrived here. Hopefully Ojo will make a big impact this season despite his tender years and huge lack of experience.

I'm hoping so too. Hope he gets his mOjo working esp. with that pace.

Nothing wrong with using season long loans Alan.

Ideally we would sign people permanently. But if it gets us promoted, we will have much stronger buying power with which to strengthen.

If we get promoted then Wallace and Coady may as well be loans really, hadn't they?

Would like to see an experienced winger come in because I'm not sure about Henry and VLP and I don't think we should be relying on an 18 year old to play every game.

Ojo seems to have such a calm temperament which should serve him well in the Championship.

Back