• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Jamie Vardy

FrankMunro-371

Reaction score
A simple question. Just how good is Jamie Vardy? He has equaled the record for scoring in consecutive Premier League games. He has come from non league to being the best English striker in the Premier league. It makes one wonder how many other players currently plying their trade in the lower leagues are possibly capable of playing at the top level.

Maybe one or two more..pace is the key here though..

Leicester City play Manchester United on Saturday, and it was in this fixture 14 months ago that Vardy made his premier league debut and scored as Leicester came from 3 - 1 down to win 5 - 3.

Pace, no prevarication of where he is going to put the ball when he shoots, loads of energy and seemingly great attitude.
Should be up front with England alongside Kane.
Rooney in behind.
First time for a long time I am optimistic about England's chances at a major tournament - as long as we play to our strengths.
ie attack and try and score at least two goals a game (we will have to as our defenders are ropey).

Vardy does have great pace, and he also runs at defenders. He must be a pain in the backside to play against.

A few of my friends are Foxes fans, and they all wonder how long it will be before one of the big clubs comes in for Vardy.

He's clever too. He made a monkey out of Wayne Hennessey when through on goal a little touch over Hennessey before rifling it in. Quick and for me a good calm finisher. Great finish at Newcastle too.

And there goes the record. Fair play to the lad.

Brilliant. Delighted that record is now outside the big boys. What Leicester are doing is superb.

Way to go Vardy, now just finish them off and shut LVG up.

At 25 he's playing in Non League at 28 he's a record breaking Premier League Goal scorer... Brilliant story and am glad he got the 11th in a row.

Brilliant. Delighted that record is now outside the big boys. What Leicester are doing is superb.

Amazing what can be done with investment, owners with a bit of vision and the right coaching and management isnt it. Oh how everyone laughed 3 years ago when the Leicester owners said they wanted to be top 10 premier league within 5 years. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27387616

Not laughing so hard now are we.

We beat them 2-1 just 3 years ago remember. Since then our strategy hasnt changed and we havent learnt from their model of how to succeed. 32000 at the last home game. They sang sang and sang. They must be in Heaven at the moment.

Its not hard is it this game? Pace Pace Pace up front, counter attack at speed, Big lump at Centre Half backed up by a bit of speed and a quality keeper, wingers/wing backs/full backs who can pass and cross oh and have pace. They have been brilliant so far this season.
I am sitting here looking at that club very very enviously.
That is what we should have put in place on promotion to the Championship but the Board, owners bottled it.They lost 21 million in their championship winning year but that was a 11 million improvement on the year before. Turnover for 14-15 was 32 million. The same as us.Now they are in line for 140 million this year. Worth it? Most Leicester fans would bloody well think so. Likely to finish the Best team in the Midlands 2015 and have the best record since March of this year of pretty much any premier club.

There is a model. It requires an owner to bung the cash in first up to get a squad capable of getting into the premiership. Thats where you lose the money. However once there you can and will make millions if you stay there or over achieve. Vision + money= Likelihood of success

Can we pick a model we have to follow please

Recently we have been told we should follow what WBA do...scrub that, do what Swansea do...no fuck that follow Southampton....ah shit it, do it Leicester's way. Who is next to follow?

I much prefer the "Wolves way" which is basically 4 people doing and saying different things but claim to be pulling in the same direction. Much more fun. (except for on the pitch of course)

Recently we have been told we should follow what WBA do...scrub that, do what Swansea do...no $#@! that follow Southampton....ah $#@! it, do it Leicester's way. Who is next to follow?

I much prefer the "Wolves way" which is basically 4 people doing and saying different things but claim to be pulling in the same direction. Much more fun. (except for on the pitch of course)

Ha ha, quality as usual.

Recently we have been told we should follow what WBA do...scrub that, do what Swansea do...no $#@! that follow Southampton....ah $#@! it, do it Leicester's way. Who is next to follow?

Sorry K

There are similarities in all three models ala investment + vision and a willingness to spend good money to get to the promised land and bigger money to stay there. Ok they sell assets but they were young and talented assets that in many cases cost good money to get them to the club not Doyle Johnson and O hara whose collective 15 million plus wages was paid to players who had just been relegated with their respective clubs. I know hindsight is a great gift isnt it.

And no this season is not fun. Not fun at all

Back