• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2021 Transfer Window

For gods sake, we are heading for trouble, and nothing seems to be getting done. As previously said "a fresh face would give everyone a lift". We have made outstanding progress since Nuno came in, what a crying shame it would be to throw it all away this season.
not sure how you know 'nothings being done' personally I'm not privy to what the coaching team or recruitment team are doing about our current situation, I'm fairly sure Nuno and the boys are not doing 'nothing.' Whether what they're doing bears fruit is another matter.......don'panic Mr Mainwaring

Am sure that there is something happening - as Sycophantia says no way of knowing whether it can actually happen or even if it does it works out.

No signing is guaranteed whether you are MC or Sheff Utd really.

I still think Wolves could do with bringing in someone who knows football to bridge that gap between Shi and Nuno, I know Jeff has people working with him but who is making the decisions on which players to target and putting a plan in place for which players will be available and we will go for in the Summer.

I've seen people say that if this season is being written off as one where we are going to finish mid table then we should start planning for the summer now and that's correct for me - I just think we could strategize and plan better if it's was someone's actual role to concentrate on first team recruitment rather than Jeff having a bit of a go at everything, especially with him being so new to football.

I still think Wolves could do with bringing in someone who knows football to bridge that gap between Shi and Nuno, I know Jeff has people working with him but who is making the decisions on which players to target and putting a plan in place for which players will be available and we will go for in the Summer.

I've seen people say that if this season is being written off as one where we are going to finish mid table then we should start planning for the summer now and that's correct for me - I just think we could strategize and plan better if it's was someone's actual role to concentrate on first team recruitment rather than Jeff having a bit of a go at everything, especially with him being so new to football.
Isn't John Marshall head of recruitment or something?

Also look at Podence too. I appreciate this years team isn't the form of when he signed, but it took him a while to embed and get up to speed. The summer window still looks like being impacted by current life, and also there is the euros. So any targets that are playing in that, it would be wise for us to surely be considering making a move now rather than later.

If we are not signing anyone will we be selling anyone? The squad is already thin. The last thing we need is a Traore / Neves bid that turns a head.
The shit that’s happened this season it’s a possibility

Yeah it's just total spending. Although Net spend is a fan creation though really, and not that relevant really or as valuable as budget or cost tracking.

If we are not signing anyone will we be selling anyone? The squad is already thin. The last thing we need is a Traore / Neves bid that turns a head.
The shit that’s happened this season it’s a possibility
Who the fuck knows. No-one says shit. Not that they have to, but engagement with the fans is low on their priority list it seems.

1 win in 9 and we're actually in an open transfer window and aren't going to sign anyone. Laughable stuff, really!

Also have to laugh at the folk (and there are less than the summer, admittedly) that are happy to continue burying their head in the sand and telling others not to “panic”, when it looks like another absolute failure of a window.

I know people don’t like him being criticised on here (and I’m sure the hilarious packet of crisps gag will be bought up in 3...2...1...) but Shi seems totally out of his depth.

However, it’s Nuno I feel sorry for. He’s basically working with players that don’t fit his new system, and been told to get on with it until some of the injured lads come back.

Difficult as the window may be, throwing a season with 20 odd games left is ridiculous, really.

Not sure where else to stick it but I'll go for it here since technically he was inbound this month.

MGW has been liking posts on social media slagging off the coaching team, Nunos favourites etc and his lass has been targeted by our Twitter ghouls after she also spoke out.

If one of the returning loanees is going to burn bridges it doesn't look great.

Excellent points Jinky makes.However if Nuno started putting round pegs in round holes it would surely help. We have done two premier seasons with midfielder at sweeper and centre back and they have stepped up. But that can’t continue. Fabio is not a lone striker it appears. Neither is Cutrone. Play them together? Possibly. Neto as. 10 ? Possibly. I think we are seeing the difference that having an ownership that is a real profit making business. Zero net summer spend and now nothing this window so far when I can think of three positions we should be improving now. I will not start a boo Fosun or Nuno out chant but neither will I blindly follow in Nuno /Fosun we trust . It is a huge gamble to write off this season. If it backfires and we ho down it will not be a quick fix and will cost a lot more than 10m for Josh King or a 15m centre half.

Not sure where else to stick it but I'll go for it here since technically he was inbound this month.

MGW has been liking posts on social media slagging off the coaching team, Nunos favourites etc and his lass has been targeted by our Twitter ghouls after she also spoke out.

If one of the returning loanees is going to burn bridges it doesn't look great.
That will not go down well at all internally. But..... maybe there is some friction about the formations and no-one will say anything, apart from MGW liking those type of posts. Makes you wonder.

Back